Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

which drives for fcp 5.1.4?

COW Forums : AJA io

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
PAULwhich drives for fcp 5.1.4?
by on Apr 25, 2007 at 8:25:09 am

Hi

Which drivers should I use for FCP 5.1.4 with the I/O

The CD that comes with the AJA I/O only has version 1.3.1 and when I install it does not work.
On the cd it also does not have the Control panel

Do I need to download this?

Thanks

Paul

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tony!Re: which drives for fcp 5.1.4?
by on Apr 25, 2007 at 2:03:00 pm

Hi Paul,

No matter what hardware you buy and connect to you Mac you always (ALWAYS) want to go to the developers website and download the latest drivers, etc. As a rule of thumb, never use the ones that come on a disk with your product (including the Io) without checking for newer versions on their website first.

Here's the link to download the latest versions: http://www.aja.com/html/support_Io_swd.html

Tony!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

PAULRe: which drives for fcp 5.1.4?
by on Apr 27, 2007 at 12:16:22 pm

Hi Toni

Thanks for your help

I have FCP 5.1.4 installed
Aja I/O Version 3
and Pro control 1.1

It seems to read the digi beta and sees a signal present in the control panel but when I go to FCP it just says the video is disabled in the capture window

It can control the deck but not picture out. I just bought two of them and both have the same problem. is it something I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

Paul

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tony!Re: which drives for fcp 5.1.4?
by on Apr 27, 2007 at 10:16:01 pm

Hey Paul,

Assuming you don't have any other Firewire devices connected to your Mac, and that you don't have any conflicting codecs/drivers installed (avid, blackmagic, etc), I would say its likely you have just configured the control panel or Io capture setting incorrectly. I would suggest a quick call to AJA's wonderful tech-support so they can help you identify the problem and hopefully give you a quick/easy solution to it.

Oh, a couple of things that you should check as well:

Make sure these two items are not true:
1. External video is set to

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]