Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Will IO HD work on a G5

COW Forums : AJA io

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
sotvo17Will IO HD work on a G5
by on Apr 20, 2007 at 7:16:15 pm

I have a Dual 2GHZ G5 . Will the IO HD box work with it . I was at NAB and heard conflicting answers from the AJA booth . One person told me it would work with Power PC chips , another told me Intel chips only . Which is it ?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

CofeRe: Will IO HD work on a G5
by on Apr 20, 2007 at 9:34:50 pm

Good question!
You would think any Firewire800 equipped computer would do.
FCPStudio2 specs say minimum hardware is a dual G4 1.25.
Just checked Aja site and no minimum hardware specs yet.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tony!Re: Will IO HD work on a G5
by on Apr 21, 2007 at 9:36:33 am

I've been told its for Intel Mac's only, but I will try to double check that is correct and/or find out more.

Tony!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

sotvo17Re: Will IO HD work on a G5
by on Apr 21, 2007 at 5:15:43 pm

Thanks,

Since It's a Firewire solution and doesn't use a PCIe card and FC2 will work on G5s , I would think it could work . As I understand it, the load of working with ProRes is done by the IO HD box . Would be nice , I have a perfectly good G5 and I'd like to prolong the upgrade to Mac Pro a little longer .

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jerry HofmannRe: Will IO HD work on a G5
by on Apr 22, 2007 at 7:59:48 pm

I was told by the desinger this: um... well, we don't officially support it..
I think the minium has really yet to be decided... intel macs was the offical line at the show.

I was the demo artist on it for many hours... and hours. I've no voice now.

We were showing it on a 17" MBP 2.33...

AJA is sure about the intel Macs. Good for them fellas, they won't be "false advertising" or anyting of the sort. I was told intel only.

We all saw the pre release stuff at NAB on the whole Studio actually... Hang in there, final final spec isn't done as it were...

This box rules guys... it does it all and then some for 99% of the work out there... too cool. Only native Pro Res solution.. there's the rub I think with the minimum spec thingy maybe? dunno... We couldn't show it capturing Pro Res yet. It will though. I'm quite certain.

It's the coolest solution for on the set workflows, even P2 it adds external video to...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer

Author: "Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4" Click here

Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]