Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

DAT input issue with AJA ProIO and FCP

COW Forums : AJA io

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Eliot173DAT input issue with AJA ProIO and FCP
by on Oct 17, 2006 at 10:42:29 pm

Hello,

Powermac dual 2.5 G5, FCP 5.0.4, AJA ProIO LA, Sony PCM-7040 DAT.

The problem is I'm getting a single dropped frame at intermittent intervals while inputting sound from the DAT deck into FCP. The DAT is linked to FCP via my AJA ProIO LA, recording channels 1 and 2 (not putting the DAT's Timecode Out to Ch3 if that matters).

The DAT tapes were recorded NDF, and my sound guy thinks the problem is FCP is not capturing in NDF (perhaps forcing DF input and causing problems). I went into the Device Control Presets and noticed that the Sony RS-422 protocol disables DF/NDF from being selectable. I _am_ using older drivers for the ProIO (v2.0; v3.0 is the most recent), so I don't know if they updated that setting. But I'm hoping there's a workaround so I can take care of this asap, then update the drivers later.

Beyond that I'm stumped. Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eliot173Re: [SOLVED] DAT input issue with AJA ProIO and FCP
by on Oct 17, 2006 at 11:53:44 pm

Ok. I called AJA and they said I need a video signal going into the ProIO even if I'm only capturing Audio. Silly me. Crisis averted. In case this is any help to someone else, I'm capturing sound from DAT via XLR, controlling the deck with Serial (RS-422), and sending a video signal from Betacam to Component In on the ProIO. Good luck! AJA's phone support is great.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]