Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

NEW AJA Io public beta software available now, Important Info re: FCP5 and Tiger

COW Forums : AJA io

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
AJA Sales DepartmentNEW AJA Io public beta software available now, Important Info re: FCP5 and Tiger
by on May 24, 2005 at 12:26:11 am

Hello-

*Io product family driver v2.0b1*
http://www.aja.com/support_Io.html

This new public beta software is available for Io, Io LA, and Io LD. New features include:

Reduced latency through Io.
Note: In order to compensate for this reduced latency you will have to change the Playback Frame Offset in Final Cut Pro HD ( System Settings > Playback Control > Frame Offset ) to a value of "5".

Added support for 23.98fps

Support for Final Cut Pro 5

Support for OSX 10.4 Tiger

Increased accuracy of PAL captures

Improved reliability of Insert Edits to tape

To install the software
1. Download the software update from our Io support page
(http://www.aja.com/support_Io.html).
2. The file downloaded is a ".zip" archive. Double-click it to expand the archive. The expanded file is a .dmg file. Double-click it.
3. After double-clicking, you will find a new volume mounted on your Mac desktop. Look on your desktop for the volume named "AJA Io" plus the version number. In the volume window you?ll see separate folders for "Io", "IoLA" and "IoLD". Open the folder that corresponds to your Io model.
4. Inside the folder, locate the installer package files; they have an icon that looks like a box and have a ".mpkg" suffix. There should be a variety of different packages. 5. Out of the packages, choose the ones that best match your operating environment (you can install more than one).
For example, if the system will be used primarily for working with US NTSC digital video, then select the "IoDigitalNTSC-US.mpkg" file. The file(s) you choose affect the Final Cut Easy Setup presets that will be installed.

Note: Files ending in the ".pkg" or ".mpkg" suffix are OS X installer files.
These launch the OS X installer and tell it where and what to install on your
system.

This software and more information is available on our Io support page:
http://www.aja.com/support_Io.html

NOTE: If you are currently using an Apple Xserve RAID for your storage, AJA recommends waiting for an update from Apple for the Xserve RAID before you install the latest Io/IoLA/IoLD driver designed for FCP 5 (v2.0b). If you are using some other type of storage for your media, you can use this updated driver now. Also, the 2.0b drivers are beta software, so observe the usual precautions for using beta software: don't use on critical projects, don't upgrade in mid-project, keep backups of your project files, and "Save" often. The final release version of this software will be released within the next few
weeks.

As always, please contact us if you have any additional questions, to sales@aja.com, (530) 274-2048, or support@aja.com, (530) 271-3190.

Thank you,

--
AJA Video Systems
(530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul FiggianiRe: NEW AJA Io public beta software available now, Important Info re: FCP5 and Tiger
by on May 24, 2005 at 12:18:45 pm

Installed last eve...all is well.

Thanks.

-paul.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

JRFRe: NEW AJA Io public beta software available now, Important Info re: FCP5 and Tiger
by on May 24, 2005 at 2:11:18 pm

Does this driver enable the IO to work with Soundtrack Pro?

John

"If you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road" - Stewart Bland

Dual 2.5 G5 4 gigs RAM OS 10.3.8 QT6.5.2
Dual Cinema 23 Radeon 9800
FCP4.5 DVDSP 3.0.2
Huge U-320R 1TB Raid 3 firmware ENG12.BIN
ATTO UL4D driver 3.20
AJA I

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

AJA Sales DepartmentRe: NEW AJA Io public beta software available now, Important Info re: FCP5 and Tiger
by on May 24, 2005 at 4:13:13 pm

Hi-

The new driver support with the newest Apple software supports the VideoOut of Soundtrack Pro, Motion 2, Shake 4, etc.

Thanks-

--
AJA Video Systems
(530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

JRFRe: NEW AJA Io public beta software available now, Important Info re: FCP5 and Tiger
by on May 24, 2005 at 4:52:22 pm

When will audio in and out be supported?

John

"If you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road" - Stewart Bland

Dual 2.5 G5 4 gigs RAM OS 10.3.8 QT6.5.2
Dual Cinema 23 Radeon 9800
FCP4.5 DVDSP 3.0.2
Huge U-320R 1TB Raid 3 firmware ENG12.BIN
ATTO UL4D driver 3.20
AJA I

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

MoRe: NEW AJA Io public beta software available now, Important Info re: FCP5 and Tiger
by on May 26, 2005 at 7:48:35 pm

I just got AE 6.5, does the Io support any type of output to an NTSC monitor for After Effects?

... ever forward

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tony!Re: NEW AJA Io public beta software available now, Important Info re: FCP5 and Tiger
by on May 26, 2005 at 9:05:27 pm

[Mo] "I just got AE 6.5, does the Io support any type of output to an NTSC monitor for After Effects?"

Yes. The Io does support video out from After Effects (it already had this capability with the current drivers).

Tony!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

BeeLasterRe: NEW AJA Io public beta software available now, Important Info re: FCP5 and Tiger
by on May 28, 2005 at 6:13:13 am

Is the New AJA Io driver for FCP 4.5/Panther users as well?

G5 dual 2.0/2gig/sonnet allegro FW800 PCI/3X250 LaCie FW800 extreme/AJA Io/Horita BSG-50/DSR-45/DSR-11/M-Audio Delta 1010LT/JVC Hi-Res Ref Monitor/stock 5200 video card/Prod Suite/Logic 7.1/Avid Xpress Pro

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

AJA Sales DepartmentRe: NEW AJA Io public beta software available now, Important Info re: FCP5 and Tiger
by on May 28, 2005 at 5:34:42 pm

Hi-

Yes, the new 2.0 driver is compatible with FCP 4.5, and OSX 10.3.9. Of course, some of the features discussed about this new driver are FCP5-only, like Multicam support, etc.

--
AJA Video Systems
(530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin GardamRe: NEW AJA Io public beta software available now, Important Info re: FCP5 and Tiger
by on May 31, 2005 at 9:41:37 am

And where do we stand with 4trk input with QT7...AES/embedded.with your latest driver for FCP5,
within Panther and Tiger.?
Ta in advance

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

massachiRe: NEW AJA Io public beta software available now, Important Info re: FCP5 and Tiger
by on Jun 9, 2005 at 8:38:34 pm

I work on a system with this config

OS X 10.3.4 (but can update to 10.3.9), FCP 4.5, QT 6.5.2 (but can update to QT 7.0.1).

I am most interested in these 2 features of the Io Driver version 2.0b3:

- reduces the latency through Io
- added support for 23.98fps

What can I do right now (aside from upgrading to Tiger and FCP 5) to get these features?

massachi

My system:

Dual G4 1.42 GHz
1GB RAM
OS 10.3.4
FCP 4.5
QT Pro 6.5.2
Compressor 1.2.1
Xserve RAID
RAID Admin 1.3.3
RAID Firmware version 1.3.1-1.2.4
AJA Io with Driver v1.2 and Firmware Update v21-24
Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2 via SDI to/from DVW-A500

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Le CoyoteRe: NEW AJA Io public beta software available now, Important Info re: FCP5 and Tiger
by on May 31, 2005 at 3:30:02 pm

[AJA Sales Department] "Added support for 23.98fps"

does that mean older drivers cannot *playback* a 23.98 timeline with clips captured with advanced pulldown removal directly from a dvx100?

Or should I read that we can now use FCP's advanced pulldown removal when capturing with the io?

I'm asking because the IO is working fine right now and I will work on a 24PA project soon. If 24PA playback is already supported, I'll stay with current drivers...

thx

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]