Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BORIS FX:Boris FX ForumBoris FX TutorialsBorisAfter EffectsMotion Graphics

Boris FX & Vegas 11 Save Filter Preset Bug

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Glass OnionBoris FX & Vegas 11 Save Filter Preset Bug
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 5:00:06 am

Hello, I've been using Boris Red's film process filter in Vegas 11. When I save the preset so as to access it in other projects it saves as one would expect. When I apply the preset in another project nothings happens. The preset is there, but the effect is not there at all.

However, when I save a transition preset from Boris to use in Vegas 11 it works.

Can anyone confirm this discrepancy between filter presets & transition presets in Boris Red? Is this a Boris problem or Vegas problem or both?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

peter mcauleyRe: Boris FX & Vegas 11 Save Filter Preset Bug
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 9:14:50 pm

Hi,

I've reproduced this as you describe but it's unclear to me whether this is a new problem. Has this worked for you in the past?

What I am seeing is that the preset name is visible, and that I can select this from the list. However, when I enter the RED UI the Film Process filter is not in the composition. Is this what you are seeing?

One possible workaround for you is to save the composition to the RED Library Browser and then after you apply RED to another clip in the same (or a different) project you need to enter the RED UI and then select the saved composition preset from the RED Library Browser. Meanwhile, we'll take a look into the issue.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Glass OnionRe: Boris FX & Vegas 11 Save Filter Preset Bug
by on Jun 29, 2012 at 4:26:39 am

Yes, that is what I am seeing. I figured since transitions work with vegas presets (a feature which has sped up my workflow, incredibly) that it should work with filters. To my dismay, it does not work, when logically it should.

Thanks for the work around.

Here's to a future boris update that would make boris red filter vegas presets work like boris red transition vegas presets. In other words an update to make boris red more consistent and faster to use.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dirk de JongRe: Boris FX & Vegas 11 Save Filter Preset Bug
by on Jun 29, 2012 at 12:59:22 pm

I'm not in front of a machine to test it right now, but I believe choosing the preset from the popup menu does not work, but dragging and dropping it from the FX pane (I forget what it's called exactly, the place where you see thumbnails representing presets) actually DOES work... And this indicates it's a Sony bug rather than a Boris RED bug

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Glass OnionRe: Boris FX & Vegas 11 Save Filter Preset Bug
by on Jun 29, 2012 at 9:04:00 pm

You are right. If I drag the thumbnail of the preset it works. I am not sure if this makes it a Boris Bug, a Vegas Bug, a Compatibility Bug, or all of the above, but some dev should find out.

Thanks for the help. That speeds my workflow, immensely.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]