Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BORIS FX:Boris FX ForumBoris FX TutorialsBorisAfter EffectsMotion Graphics

BCC8 / Vegas 10 Pro / 3d Image Shatter not shattering

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Stewart BourkeBCC8 / Vegas 10 Pro / 3d Image Shatter not shattering
by on May 7, 2012 at 3:09:34 pm

I have added a PNG to the timeline - 5 seconds - and then added a BBC 3d image shatter effect to it. The image is 5 seconds long, PNG, with alpha. The image shatter was dropped on, and no parameters changes.

Idea is to have PNG shatter to reveal video track underneath.

The image does not shatter - if just flashes a couple of times to reveal the video on the track underneath.

I have tried a couple of the other effects in BCC8, and not too impressed with the reliability - Vegas 10 stopped a couple of times and in general had issues with transitions not transitioning properly - always stuttered and never transitioned smoothly.

BCC 7 in same environment works fine for every effect.

Vegas pro 10d build 669 , Borix BCC8, OFX, 32 Bit - just downloaded today to ensure latest version
Win XP SP3 4GB Ram

Video media DV, PAL

What information do you need to help diagnose issues?

Thanks,

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

peter mcauleyRe: BCC8 / Vegas 10 Pro / 3d Image Shatter not shattering
by on May 8, 2012 at 4:31:37 pm

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for the report - we'll see if we can reproduce the issues that you are reporting in our QA lab. I'll respond again with an update as soon as I have more info.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stewart BourkeRe: BCC8 / Vegas 10 Pro / 3d Image Shatter not shattering
by on May 16, 2012 at 11:30:29 pm

Peter,

Do you know if the support team managed to reproduce the issue?

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 26, 2012 at 11:02:45 am

Folks,

I would appreciate some response on this. Upgraded to BCC8 to get some effects but ended up not being able to use them for a paid project - had to go back to bcc7...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 26, 2012 at 4:01:50 pm

Hi Stewart,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had that experience with BCC 8 - thankfully you were able to revert to BCC 7 and get the job done but we need to fully understand the problem that you encountered so that we can take the necessary steps to resolve the issue.

My first question for you is were you using the most up to date version of BCC 8? I'm assuming that the answer to this is going to be yes but I have to ask.

Next, if you could please be so kind as to walk us through the steps to recreate the problem on our systems we would really appreciate it. The office is closed until Tuesday, in observance of Memorial Day, but please send me an email with the steps and I'll work with QA and Support to reproduce the issue, log a case and then I'll work with Engineering to resolve the problem. My email is peterm@borisfx.com.

Thanks.

Peter.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 28, 2012 at 11:43:10 pm

Peter,

My apologies for the delay in replying - I have had tech rehearsals for a show all weekend.

I was using the latest version of BCC8 - I downloaded the latest version immediately to installing it.

Here is what I did to replicate:

a) Put DV media clip on track 2
b) Put PNG image on track 1 immediately above event on track 2 - duration 5 seconds, offset by 5 seconds from start.
c) Dropped image shatter fx on the PNG event

scrubbed through the timeline - as soon as I hit where the png starts, I would expect the image to start shattering. However, it does not, I get artifacting and partial exposure of the second layer 'behind' the png - I would have expected to see the png shattering to reveal the video on track 2

I also tried rendering to a file, and when viewed, it did the same.

I hope this help.

Thank you.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 29, 2012 at 2:37:09 pm

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for providing these steps - I'll have that checked this morning to see if we can reproduce the problem on our systems.

I'll report back to you my findings this afternoon.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy EllisRe: BCC8 / Vegas 10 Pro / 3d Image Shatter not shattering
by on May 29, 2012 at 5:58:33 pm

Hello Stewart,

I sent you an email but wanted to respond here as well. Our team was unable to reproduce your issue, however they are using Sony Vegas 10e. It is possible it could be an issue with earlier versions of Sony Vegas and the suggested upgrading and seeing if the problem persists. Also please make sure you are on the latest version of BCC which is currently 8.0.1.

Thank You
Jeremy
Boris Support

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 4, 2012 at 10:02:52 pm

Just to close this issue off - upgrading to 10e sorted the issue. I have been using the latest BCC - so when I upgraded to 10e and installed the Bcc installer I had tried in 10d everything worked fine.

Thank you for you assistance.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]