Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BORIS FX:Boris FX ForumBoris FX TutorialsBorisAfter EffectsMotion Graphics

Boris RED 5 and Digieffects

COW Forums : DigiEffects

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Marcus WarrenBoris RED 5 and Digieffects
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 3:45:27 pm

I just confirmed that Digieffects no longer officially supports Boris RED 5, although certain plugs-ins may work in 5. As you may be aware Boris RED 4 was officially supported.

Can anyone confirm that the latest version of Delirium works with Boris RED 5?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

peter mcauleyRe: Boris RED 5 and Digieffects
by on Feb 9, 2012 at 4:49:26 pm

Hi Marcus,

Are ether any filters in particular from Digieffects that you need to use in RED to achieve a certain look or effect? I ask just to see if there might be a filter in RED 5 that can handle that task for you.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Marcus WarrenRe: Boris RED 5 and Digieffects
by on Feb 9, 2012 at 7:44:12 pm

Thanks, Peter, for the reply, but I am more concerned about dwindling 3rd party support for RED (and yes, I know that Eye Scream has recently introduced RED-compatible products).

No matter how extensive RED's built-in feature set, it's always nice to know that a 3rd party thinks enough of the product to develop for it. So it's a little sad when another vendor drops official support for RED.

Sometime ago I had specifically asked that RED support Tiffen's Dfx plug ins. Boris himself responded saying that he would look into it. I never heard anything further and don't know if RED 5 supports Dfx 3. Sure I could download the Dfx trial and see, but this is one area that I wish RED was more After Effects-like; knowing for sure, either from BorisFX or from 3rd party vendors if certain After Effects compatible plug-in work with RED without the customer doing the work to find out. Some treasure hunts are fun. This one is not.

And while I am on 3rd party support, let me go a little off topic: For at least four years the Media 100 user guide has mentioned Pixelan plugs-in as being compatible with M100. Pixelan has not developed for the Mac platform or Media 100 for many, many years...
As far as I know there is no third party support directly for Media 100. That's one reason why 3rd party support for Boris RED is so important; it's the only way to get any kind of third party support for Media 100.

Yes, Boris RED's capabilities are extensive, but to varying degrees so are those of After Effects and Motion, and believe me, no one is complaining that there are too many 3rd party plug-ins for those programs.

Thanks for listening.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]