Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BORIS FX:Boris FX ForumBoris FX TutorialsBorisAfter EffectsMotion Graphics

Having trouble with BCC Deinterlace in Sony Vegas Pro 10

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Connor McBrine-EllisHaving trouble with BCC Deinterlace in Sony Vegas Pro 10
by on Jun 11, 2011 at 8:53:45 pm

Hey everyone,

Having some trouble with the deinterlace plugin part of BCC for Vegas.

When I drop it on an event as an Event FX, it doesn't do anything! I've also tried it as a track fx, and also even just a master video output fx.

Doesn't work no matter what the settings are.

Yes I have the project settings set to No deinterlacing, and have the project settings set to Progressive scan 30 fps.

Thanks for any help

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

peter mcauleyRe: Having trouble with BCC Deinterlace in Sony Vegas Pro 10
by on Jun 13, 2011 at 1:50:52 pm

Hi Connor,

Try this:

• Apply the Deinterlace filter to a clip and go to the Video Event control panel so that you can access the filter parameters
• Click on the Compare Mode pop-up and select Side By Side from the list
• In the Preset pop-up, select the presets on-by-one and observe the results

Are you seeing any change to the image in the right of the split-view?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Connor McBrine-EllisRe: Having trouble with BCC Deinterlace in Sony Vegas Pro 10
by on Jun 13, 2011 at 3:03:18 pm

http://mydailytech.com/Image1.jpg

That's a screencap of the side by side thing. My project is at 1440x1080, so it's 1.33 PAR anamorphic(thus turning into 1920x1080).

the deinterlacer is not doing anything on any of the presets.

Perhaps I have a bad version of BCC? Should I try an older version?

Thanks for the help

also, I forgot to add that I am using Vegas pro 10.0d, 64 bit.

And yes, my BCC version is 64 bit too.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 13, 2011 at 3:17:11 pm

Hi Connor,

I may be missing something obvious and if so I apologize but what is the footage problem that you are trying to solve with the filter? I ask only because the image on the left of the screenshot that you provided looks fine, and is not suffering from any video-combing or interlace artifacts. If you are trying to simulate telecine pulldown, have you tried stepping through the timeline frame by frame while in side-by-side compare mode to see if the filter is affecting the clip?

I was using Vegas Pro 10d 64 with the BCC 64 bit filters and was seeing the expected result when stepping through the timeline with the effect. I selected the pullDownSimulator preset in my tests.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Connor McBrine-EllisRe: Having trouble with BCC Deinterlace in Sony Vegas Pro 10
by on Jun 13, 2011 at 3:21:18 pm

If you zoom in on the picture you will see that there are interlacing artifacts in both pictures, the reason you aren't seeing them is probably because your internet browser is scaling the picture down thus blurring it.

Anyways I will try to uninstall and then reinstall the BCC filters, all of them work, but the deinterlacing filter isn't doing anything even if i have it on Just Deinterlace.

Very frustrating.

Thanks for the help :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 13, 2011 at 3:27:40 pm

Hi Connor,

I can have a support technician work with you over the phone to resolve this - just send me your phone contact and I'll have someone call you right away. You can send that to me privately via email at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 13, 2011 at 5:35:36 pm

thanks very much,
I have emailed you.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]