Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BORIS FX:Boris FX ForumBoris FX TutorialsBorisAfter EffectsMotion Graphics

glow on blur on avid title with BCC

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Wonderingglow on blur on avid title with BCC
by on Dec 23, 2005 at 8:54:18 pm

Without using Red, is there a way to drop a glow on a directional blur on top of an Avid Title and get a glowing blur only without glowing the background video?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

stephenlnoeRe: glow on blur on avid title with BCC
by on Dec 30, 2005 at 2:31:47 am

I think not. It will kill the alpha channel for your title. I may be wrong though because this applies to Liquid and not Xpress.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Anne RenehanRe: glow on blur on avid title with BCC
by on Dec 30, 2005 at 8:52:49 pm

Yes you can do this using the BCC AVX MultiFilter controls. I'm at home this week and don't have a system, but I think I can remember. You apply the Blur to the Avid title (don't Alt or Option-apply) and select the Apply to Title Matte checkbox (in the Title Matte parameter group). If the Directional Blur has an Opaque Source checkbox (I think it does) deselect that as well. Then select the Multifilter Start checkbox. Everything looks weird for a moment, but that's okay. Then Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (Mac) the Glow and select the MultiFilter End checkbox. Now everything should look correct. You don't have to select the Apply to Title Matte checkbox for the second filter. I may have gotten some names a little off, but they're all in the Title-Matte parameter group.

Happy New Year.
Anne

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]