Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE SOUNDTRACK:HomeSoundtrack ForumAudio Professionals Forum

Sound editing and mixing for broadcast training??

COW Forums : Apple Soundtrack

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kevin MatlukSound editing and mixing for broadcast training??
by on Apr 4, 2012 at 6:05:41 pm

Does anyone know of some decent soundtrack pro training they recommend? I have a basic knowledge of the program and know how to navigate my way through it, but I need a more in depth look into cleaning up audio, and mainly, mixing for broadcast. I create a lot of promos in FCP and send to Soundtrack to add effects and do a final mix, but my mix isn't always the cleanest sounding, just wondering if anyone knows of some decent training out there, particularly in sound editing and mixing, either for Pro Tools, Soundtrack, Soundbooth, etc. I want to get better at creating a quality, broadcast mix for 15, 30 seconds promos. Thank you for your help in advance!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Simon UbsdellRe: Sound editing and mixing for broadcast training??
by on Apr 4, 2012 at 6:37:19 pm

This is a very good book on the subject:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mixing-Secrets-Small-Studio-Senior/dp/0240815807/re...

The bad news is that learning to record and mix really well involves a lot of time and experience, far more so than learning video editng for example - the good news is it's very rewarding. More than anything you need to be able to train your ears to hear things you probably can't hear at the moment!

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]