Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE SOUNDTRACK:HomeSoundtrack ForumAudio Professionals Forum

beat ticker

COW Forums : Apple Soundtrack

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
ron darbybeat ticker
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 3:44:52 am

Sorry, I know this is a simple "I should already know thing" but I cant find a simple beat

ie one hit 4/4 beats. Like a beat ticker for someone to practice keeping in time.

Dose ST 1.2 have something like this?

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sjon UeckertRe: beat ticker
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 6:11:26 am

A "beat ticker," eh? I presume you are referring to a metronome. There is one in STP but it is non-functional (other than to tell you that you have changed from Time-based to Beats-based), it appears right next to the Track Name. I'm not sure why you would use a metronome with STP considering all the drum tracks you could use to keep your tempo steady.

Sjon

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

ron darbyRe: beat ticker
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 2:06:58 pm

Thanks for the info
metronome is the word I was looking for
My son is learning to play the bass and I thought it could help him to use a metronome
Will the metronome in STP work as a stand alone, or does it have to have a loop in the track?
Also I still cant find it. I m looking at the track name, but all I see is the mute, solo bypass, effects

Please help me if you can

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sjon UeckertRe: beat ticker
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 6:33:38 pm

As I said , the metronome in STP is nothing more than an indicator (an icon) that appears when you change the timing of a track. If you want your son to have a beat to listen to while he is learning base, pick a simple drum beat from huge variety that comes with STP and loop it in the timeline for as long as you want. This will not only help him "keep the beat," but it ill teach him some rhythm.

Sjon

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

ron darbyRe: beat ticker
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 9:21:45 pm

OK now I get it

No real metronome, use a simple drum file

Thanks for being patient with me

Aloha
Ron Darby

Return to posts index
Reply   Like