Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

bluray project smaller than used files

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Heiko Jaybluray project smaller than used files
by on Oct 14, 2012 at 6:10:11 am

Hi folks at creative cow,
I have got a very frustrating problem. I tried to authorize a single layer bluray disc and started a 1080p project in Cs5. I imported a 1080p video file in mpg format which is 16GB in size. However,after having added it to the project, encore tells me that the project is 9GB big... how's that possible? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

eric pautschRe: bluray project smaller than used files
by on Oct 14, 2012 at 5:22:10 pm

Because you're compressing your file to a format that allows you to put it on discs. That's how they get 4-5 hours onto 1 disc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Heiko JayRe: bluray project smaller than used files
by on Oct 15, 2012 at 9:02:37 am

Sorry, don't get it. I have a 1080p mpg file with a lot of photos. It takes around 1h 20m. It is 16GB in size. Now I import it into Encore and suddenly it is only 9GB in size although it still takes 1h 20m and the whole project also is in 1080p... I don't compress nothing...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

eric pautschRe: bluray project smaller than used files
by on Oct 15, 2012 at 5:29:48 pm

Sorry....I missed that. How did you encode that file? What bitrate? Encore is transcoded since it doesn't see is as compliant.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Heiko JayRe: bluray project smaller than used files
by on Oct 16, 2012 at 8:36:02 pm

Hi,
well, I exported a photo show and the program gives me the following options while exporting:

Video preset - Type: HD, Quality: 1080p
Format: MPEG 2 (no other choice possible)
Compression: MPEG VIDEO (no other choice possible)
Resolution: 1920x1080 (no other choice possible)
Framerate: 59.94 (no other choice possible)

Aspect Ratio: 16:9 / 4:3 / Square Pixels
Encoding: Normal quality / High quality
Desaturation: checked, Desaturate images to 80%
Anti-Flicker: checked, Apply anti flicker filter to video.

That's all I can adjust before creating a HD video file. And this mpg file is about 16gigs in size, but in Encore its size decreases.

@Jeff: Thanks for your post, but as you can see, I don't work with Premiere in that case. I'm struggling with the photo show software that just lets me export HD mpg files with the above mentioned settings.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff PuleraRe: bluray project smaller than used files
by on Oct 16, 2012 at 2:12:31 pm

Whether burning a DVD or Blu-ray, Encore does not simply take your original video clips from the camera (or Premiere)and throw them on the disc - the material has to be transcoded to a compatible format to meet the DVD or Blu-ray specifications.

If you want more control over the size/quality of what is going to disc, you can use File > Export > Media from inside Premiere and export to "H.264 for Blu-ray". The resulting files will then be ready for Encore without need for further transcoding. But you will need to educate yourself somehow on what the settings mean and such before trying this route.

Please watch some Encore tutorials online, read the HELP files, etc. to get a better understanding of the process.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]