Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Buttons over looping movie

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Benjamin AusmithButtons over looping movie
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 1:37:33 pm

Hi there, apologizing in advance for the total noob post, but I can't seem to figure this one out on my own.

I need to make a DVD that starts on a movie that's looping continuously. At any time, one can press a button that will bring you to a second movie. I figured the easiest way to do this would be to make a menu that has a looping movie background. I figured that part out, but now I need to make it so pressing a button on their remote will take a viewer to a timeline. I figured the easiest way to do this would be to add a giant invisible button over the entire image that is selected by default. However, whenever I add a button and preview the movie, the movie no longer plays. Is there a way to fix this, or am I going about it the wrong way? Should I just program the 'enter' button to take the visitor to the timeline?

Thanks everyone!

Benjamin Ausmith
Post-Production Assistant
Monadnock Media, inc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stan JonesRe: Buttons over looping movie
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 3:57:53 pm

Don't rely on Encore preview to determine how a DVD player remote will work. This "should" work if you set the default button on the menu to the timeline you want, then just press "play" or "enter" on the remote.

Burn to a rewriteable disk to test.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Benjamin AusmithRe: Buttons over looping movie
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 4:35:29 pm

And how does one do that? (I'm working in CS6.)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stan JonesRe: Buttons over looping movie
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 4:51:24 pm

If you have only one button, it is already the default. Just link that button to the timeline of the movie you want to play.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]