Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Region Settings with Encore cause problems with Wondows Media Player

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Benjamin Grosse-SiestrupRegion Settings with Encore cause problems with Wondows Media Player
by on May 21, 2012 at 5:07:16 am

Today I finished a projected and wanted to create an .iso file using Encore after making menus and everything. The region setting in Encore is set to "All regions". However, when mounting the iso file (with Daemon Tools) and trying to play it in Windows Media Player on my computer, I get the error message that I can't play the DVD because of a wrong region. I am absolutely certain that I set the regions to ALL. Using the VLC player, I can play the DVD without problems. I have created iso files of other projects before and those are being played just fine on the Windows Media Player.
Anyone has an idea what could be going on?

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris BorjisRe: Region Settings with Encore cause problems with Wondows Media Player
by on May 21, 2012 at 4:18:12 pm

Windows media player has never been a reliable way to play DVDs.

if it works in VLC or a set top player, its fine.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Benjamin Grosse-SiestrupRe: Region Settings with Encore cause problems with Wondows Media Player
by on May 22, 2012 at 12:17:41 am

Burned the DVD, tried to play it on a DVD player. Same problem. Can't show it due to region limitations. Anyone has an idea how I can add more regions to already "all regions" checked in Encore?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris BorjisRe: Region Settings with Encore cause problems with Wondows Media Player
by on May 23, 2012 at 4:38:20 pm

that is odd.

what version of Encore?

can you build folders instead of an .iso?

then burn the folders to disc?

thats what I usually do.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Benjamin Grosse-SiestrupRe: Region Settings with Encore cause problems with Wondows Media Player
by on May 24, 2012 at 2:52:11 pm

Update:

The DVD I burned does play in Germany (I am currently here), just not in the US. Even though all regions were activated when authoring. Since I made the DVD only for my family in Germany it doesn't really matter that it doesn't play in the US. It is still odd.

I did took some of the footage with a German camera (PAL) and some with an American (NTCS. I wonder if that had an effect.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]