Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

my Disclaimer Text is all jagged and shakey..

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Greg Bagermy Disclaimer Text is all jagged and shakey..
by on May 15, 2012 at 7:22:10 pm

I made a quick 30 second disclaimer file in AE CS5, white text on black background. Dimensions are 720x480 as per the DVD preset dimensions in Encore. rendered out as a wmv file and then imported to Encore. wmv is nice and crisp, clean text.

when I burn the dvd, my text comes out all jagged and shaky.

anybody have an suggestions what I'm doing wrong. using the Default Transcode Settings: 8 mbps video/audio bitrate.

thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jonas BendsenRe: my Disclaimer Text is all jagged and shakey..
by on May 15, 2012 at 10:01:12 pm

I would suggest not burning as a WMV first. Export the footage using the MPEG-DVD export setting (this will assure correct Adobe DVD settings and also avoid having to re-encode the footage in your Encore project).

Also, you may want to give the text a slight transparency (set opacity to 98%).

Also, if applicable, be sure that the title file is set to the correct dimensions, pixel aspect ratio, and FPS (not just the project file).

Finally, be sure your FPS settings for the file are correct (29.97 if it's for DVD, or 23.976 if you're creating a 24fps DVD). Without seeing the footage, it sounds like it could be an upper/lower fields problem.

:::::::::::::::::::::
This is my life, I edit and edit and edit and edit...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff PuleraRe: my Disclaimer Text is all jagged and shakey..
by on May 16, 2012 at 2:00:51 pm

Great advice from Jonas. Also, do not use "pure white" at 255, 255, 255, too hot for NTSC. Try 235, 235, 235 and though it will look slightly gray on the computer monitor, it will look white on the TV. Too contrasty when using pure white/pure black together.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Greg BagerRe: my Disclaimer Text is all jagged and shakey..
by on May 16, 2012 at 2:09:53 pm

cool.. Thanks Guys!

I was rendering lower field first as I usually do. but the slight transparency and colour adjustments are good ideas. we were using the wmv format for our web videos.. because avi's were crashing in our Premiere Pro renders repeatedly.

but thanks again for your suggestions. cheers!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]