Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Copy protect DVDs from Encore?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nina BjerCopy protect DVDs from Encore?
by on Nov 3, 2010 at 8:10:26 am

Hi,
Is there a way to copy protect DVDs from Encore? When I try to do that the program tells me I can't do that.
Thanks in advance for any help!
/Nina

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Olanrewaju OlakunleRe: Copy protect DVDs from Encore?
by on Nov 3, 2010 at 11:39:23 am

I beleive you will some time burner that supports copy protection before you can use that feature in Encore

Spirit

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nina BjerRe: Copy protect DVDs from Encore?
by on Nov 3, 2010 at 1:09:28 pm

Thanks for the reply but I'm afraid I didn't completely get it. I presume you meen that I should use some other burner? But it's just strange that the feature copy protection is there in Encore if one can't use it, no?

/Nina

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

eric pautschRe: Copy protect DVDs from Encore?
by on Nov 3, 2010 at 2:21:09 pm

No..copy protection can only be applied at a replication facility. Not a writable discs.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel LudwigRe: Copy protect DVDs from Encore?
by on Nov 4, 2010 at 7:50:18 am

Hi Eric,
sorry, but that´s not true - with Rimage Systems DVD-R-Robots you can apply copy protection to a burned DVD.

@nina: you might look for someone who have a Rimage DVD-Roboter.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

eric pautschRe: Copy protect DVDs from Encore?
by on Nov 4, 2010 at 9:04:56 am

Yeah...your talking about Rimage Video Protect. I never mention all the Voodoo copy protection schemes out there. CSS is the only copy protection for DVD. Everything else, you're risking compatibility issues....thats been well documented. Beside, encryption is a waste of time anyway.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel LudwigRe: Copy protect DVDs from Encore?
by on Nov 4, 2010 at 10:20:12 am

Hi Eric,
yes I totally agree with you - I would never spend time on thinking about copy-protection, nor CSS either Rimage or X-Protect, or whatever...

as you described there are a lot issues with it.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt TownleyRe: Copy protect DVDs from Encore?
by on Nov 8, 2010 at 10:08:51 pm

We offer Rimage Video Protect as an add-on to our DVD duplication. We have encrypted several thousand DVDs and have never had a complaint regarding compatibility.

I agree that no form of copy-protection or encryption is going to offer a 100% guarantee, but sometimes it is better than nothing. Most people that copy discs are average consumers that use off-the-shelf ripping or copying software, and if that doesn't work, they give up. CSS was widely cracked over 10 years ago, so it is seldom of any use, but RVP is much more useful against deterring copying AND ripping. It has not been cracked, AND because of the unique way it encrypts discs, every disc is slightly different. This means that if someone cracks the encryption on the disc they have, the same key and decryption method will not work on every other disc, thus preventing widespread compromise of the encryption format.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

minu sharmaRe: Copy protect DVDs from Encore?
by on Nov 8, 2010 at 1:29:49 pm

Hi Nina

copy protection can be applied to DLT(DVD master) or DDP image(output format added in CS5) , which can be sent for replication and your replicated DVDs will have copy protection .

Thanks
Minu

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nina BjerRe: Copy protect DVDs from Encore?
by on Nov 28, 2010 at 4:05:01 pm

Thanks everyone for your help! :)
/Nina

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]