Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

No audio in Encore CS4

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
John LawtonNo audio in Encore CS4
by on May 6, 2009 at 10:35:46 am

I am using the "Adobe Dynamic Link" in Premiere Pro CS4 to send my project to Encore CS4. Once Encore opens and selecting the sequence from the project window in Encore and creating a timeline, I end up with the timeline with visual content but no audio when played although there is a audio track showing on the timeline. There is no audio when scrubbing through the timeline or when using the preview.

Any help very much appreciated.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John LawtonRe: No audio in Encore CS4
by on May 6, 2009 at 9:07:37 pm

Update:

Within the Premiere Pro project I have two sequences. If I send sequence 1 to Encore that's when I have the audio problem. If I send sequence 2 no problems, audio is there. Sequence 1 is approx 1hr 30mins, sequence 2 is approx. 10mins.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul BensonRe: No audio in Encore CS4
by on May 14, 2009 at 6:14:52 am

FWIW, I'm having the same problem. It just started, as it was working earlier today. I did move some clips around in the PPro clip before hand, but audio layers are still active. No amount of resetting (the clip and the system) has allowed this to start working again. Will try some other tricks tomorrow, but I have to give it a rest. As you state, other clips within the same PPro document are working. Hmmm, I also 'cleared' some timelines in PPro (hit the x's in the tabs). Nope. Maybe if I nest it within another comp. Nope.

Pauley

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul BensonRe: No audio in Encore CS4
by on May 14, 2009 at 7:42:42 pm

Really weird. I played around a bit. If I create a new sequence in PPro and insert a short clip (~90 seconds), it works in Encore (i.e. I have it loaded through 'Adobe Dynamic Link->Import PPro Sequence'). I can hear audio if I watch it through the monitor or in the quick preview area at the top of the Project tab.
However, if I add another clip to the sequence, the audio stops in Encore. Remove that clip and the audio starts again.
I also played with a longer clip (about 6 minutes) in the PPro sequence and it did not have audio in Encore. However, if I shortened the clip to about 30 seconds, the audio started working again in Encore. I tried to determine a minimum time for audio, but as I played with it, the audio eventually stopped no matter how long the clip was.

'Solution': I exported the audio in Premiere as a WAV file (apparently the .aac file is not usable by Encore). Then brought that WAV file in as the audio track for my Encore file. This basically stops the whole 'dynamic link' benefit.

Pauley

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian KuhlRe: No audio in Encore CS4
by on May 23, 2009 at 7:50:59 pm

The only way I have gotten around this issue is similar to what you have done. Does anyone know if Adobe has any answers to this issue?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Davy Van DingenenRe: No audio in Encore CS4
by on May 27, 2009 at 1:19:22 pm

I found this on some other fora.

Solution:
Create a shortcut to the Premiere Pro executable file, rename the shortcut to Premiere, and move the shortcut to C:Program FilesCommon FilesAdobedynamiclink.

Detailed Steps:
Close all Adobe applications.
In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe Premiere Pro CS4. (If you installed Premiere Pro CS4 in a location other than the default of C:Program FilesAdobe, then navigate to your custom installation location.)
Right-click on Adobe Premiere Pro.exe (which might appear without the .exe extension) and choose Create Shortcut.

Hope this works for you.

Davy
Rename the newly created shortcut to just Premiere.
Important: The name of the shortcut must be exactly Premiere with no other characters.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Davy Van DingenenRe: No audio in Encore CS4
by on May 28, 2009 at 8:01:32 pm

The above did not seem to work for me as there was no premiere schortcut in the destination folder.

Anyway, by piecing out different parts in my project. I found out that a pitch shifted audio was the cause of having no sound. I deleted the pitchshift effect, and voila, it works.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John KunjokRe: No audio in Encore CS4
by on Jan 5, 2010 at 4:23:45 am

I have a same problem, sequence 1 have no audio problem when i send to encore using dynamic link but when i send the sequence 2, there is no audio/sound on encore (preview).

I play around and what i did is, i copy n paste the sequence 1 (which is no audio problem)- delete the video & audio and put all the content on the sequence 2 into the copy of sequence 1 and there is no more problem with audio when i send it to encore using dynamic link.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brent RossRe: No audio in Encore CS4
by on Jul 27, 2010 at 9:55:02 pm

I have been having the same problem an have tried many techniques to solve the problem. And through a stroke of luck, I seem to have found a method that works pretty well. What I did was jump into the Premiere file and select one of the sequences that didn't have audio in Encore and set up to render out an mp3 of just the audio. But before actually starting the render que in Media Encoder I hopped back into Encore and the audio was working. After trying everything I could think of this seemed to do the trick. I think it may have caused the Adobe suite to kind of kick into gear and sense the files properly when I went to export the audio.

Hope this helps

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]