Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Encore Encode Failed

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Adam PalmerEncore Encode Failed
by on Feb 21, 2009 at 1:11:51 am

Hi,
I'm using Encore CS4 and I'm trying to build my DVD straight to disc. Once the DVD begins to build, it transcodes till about 95% of the way through the main film .AVI file and then comes up with the error, 'Encode Failed.' I can't work out what's wrong, and was wondering whether anyone has any solutions or may know a reason behind this.
Cheers
Adam

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Clint MilnerRe: Encore Encode Failed
by on Feb 26, 2009 at 12:41:48 pm

You could try encoding the problem video in the Projects panel before building the disc.

I know that fixed a disc I was working on in my CS3 days.

If it doesn't encode this way, you may have a problem with the video file itself.

Hope that helps,
Clint

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Adam PalmerRe: Encore Encode Failed
by on Feb 26, 2009 at 2:37:17 pm

Hi Clint,
Thanks for the response. How do I encode in the project panel?
Thanks
Adam

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 2, 2009 at 9:30:36 am

Hi Adam,

If you can limit down the file that may be causing you problems, this "should" work.

In the Project panel, you can just do a right-click on the video asset and choose Transcode Settings. In the Quality Preset, choose your desired preset and press okay.

Right click again on the asset (you should see now that under the DVD Transcode Settings it says "Untranscoded" instead of "Don't Transcode")
and choose Transcode Now.

The Progress Tab should open up (F10 is the shortcut).

Then just try building the project again. I would probably guess that if the video file is corrupted in a way, the transcode won't finish.

Hope that helps,
Clint

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shawn O'MailiaRe: Encore Encode Failed
by on Apr 30, 2009 at 5:54:54 pm

Thank you for the information. I was having the same problem and your information did the trick.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Florence BerubeRe: Encore Encode Failed
by on Jun 6, 2011 at 9:21:15 am

What presets should I use so that my project won't fail when I do a transcode? I have no clue.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 6, 2011 at 2:40:01 pm

Hi Florence,

Can you provide some specifics of your Project Settings and the assets you are including please?

Thanks.

Adobe CS4 Master Suite
Vista Ultimate 64 SP1
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.60GHz
12 GB DDR3 RAM
NVidia Quadro FX 3700
Matrox RT.X2 LE Capture Card
4 TB RAID 5

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 6, 2011 at 8:56:39 pm

I work with Windows VISTA 64 bit. I have CS4Pro for my software. The only other time when encore failed is when one of my clips were unattached. I would like to follow the last advice you gave to Adam, however I do not know which presets to use. I use a Cannon HDf10 video camera to do my videos. I think my rate speed of filming is 30 (something like that). I am learning everything on my own. The forum from Adobe have been assisting and no resolutions yet. Coming to see if you can add something.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 7, 2011 at 12:31:33 pm

Hi Florence,

It's still a bit vague, but I'm also running CS4 on Vista 64bit, and one thing that I've had to do was to run Encore as the Administrator.

Find the shortcut (or make a shortcut) to Encore and then Right-Click on it to bring up the menu. Choose Run As Administrator and then the program should start. Open your project up and try building the project again.

One other thing to try is to create DVD Folders rather than burning straight to a DVD. This is my current workflow and it seems to have ironed out a lot of the bugs I've encountered in the past.

Hope that helps, and feel free to add some more information so we can help.

Thanks,
Clint

Adobe CS4 Master Suite
Vista Ultimate 64 SP1
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.60GHz
12 GB DDR3 RAM
NVidia Quadro FX 3700
Matrox RT.X2 LE Capture Card
4 TB RAID 5

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 7, 2011 at 2:36:04 pm

Yikes, not sure how to make a short cut of Encore. It's not a separate software. It was included with my CS4 software. Maybe you can give me the steps in making this shortcut.

Give you also give me directions as how to run Encore as an administrator?

When I'm in Premiere I go to file-dynalink and that brings Encore into play. If I tab+ alt then I go back to Premier.

Are you saying that once I get into Encore, go back to Premiere and get out of there alltogether?

When I do Encore, when things go right, I would normally go to file-build-disc. Then I'm prompted to put a disc into my burner. How will I be able to do.

How would I create a disc? Go back into Encore and go back to file-build-disc?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 7, 2011 at 4:10:49 pm

Hi Florence,

Personally, I would start up Encore first, and then dynamic link a Premiere sequence in.

Firstly, to create a shortcut of Encore:
1. Go to your start menu and in the search box at the bottom, just search for Encore. The program icon should pop to the top of the list.
2. Right-click-drag on the icon and drop on your desktop. - There's your shortcut.

Now right-click on the new shortcut and in the menu that appears select "Run As Administrator"

Encore will open, you can import your Premiere sequences via dynamic link and then try building your project.

Hope that helps,
Clint

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 7, 2011 at 10:33:22 pm

Ok, I think I'm almost with you. Here's where I still need some help.

Once Encore has opened, will I have to go to my desktop and open Premiere and then do a file- send to encore dynalink the usual way? won't it go to the regulare Encore?

I've never done it this way and so I have to ask, "how do I import my premiere sequences once I'm in my shortcut Encore?

Oh thanks for all your help on this, I soo appreciate it!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 8, 2011 at 8:11:17 am

Hi Florence,

Once Encore is open and you've started a new project with the setting you need (ie: DVD or Blu-ray and PAL or NTSC)

File --> Adobe Dynamic Link --> Import Premiere Pro Sequence

Another box will open up where you can browse to your project and select the sequence(s) that you want to import. Easy as that.

I would strongly suggest to take a few short online tutorials over at Lynda.com - http://www.lynda.com/Encore-CS4-tutorials/essential-training/723-2.html

You'll get to know the right and wrong way to work in Encore and I think since you've presumably spent lots of cash on this software, it'd be worth the monthly subscription to Lynda.com

Well I hope that helps.

Clint

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 8, 2011 at 11:11:50 pm

I created my short cut to Encore. I did run it as Administrator. I brought my project back in and it failed. Maybe I missed or misunderstoo a step?

Once I'm in encore, say for a project that is working, I thought the only thing I do is file - build- disc.If I create a folder, then how would I create a DVD? I'm so complicated, but I'm teachable.

I did sign up for Lynda.com at one time, but gave it up 'cause I thought their tutorials were just the basic informations on how to use CS4. Maybe I will give them another thought.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jun 10, 2011 at 10:44:02 am

Hated to do it, but I uninstalled CS4. This morning I went into Encore to burn the project I've been working on that has been failing all week long. This time, however, Encore failed within the 1st 5 minutes. Did the uninstalling and reinstalling have anything to do with this?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John HallRe: Encore Encode Failed
by on Mar 27, 2011 at 7:59:24 pm

ENCORE CS4 - Spent many hours, and days working on ths issue. Finally resolved to encode the Priemere timeline (could be any program) to m4v (H264). Once encoded as m4v they went right into ENCORE version CS4. What a joke to disable the burner to make it work, even more of a joke is the ADOBE help in this matter. It basically points to purchase another version (CS5) and all will be well.

Sorry, but I've been a Adobe fan since Premiere 4.0 and watched Encore come on the scene. They went from help with upgrades for the non-working programs, to everything is now an upgrade, not just a $99.00 upgrade, they want hundreds.

So my point made, the fact is ENCORE simply will not work in WINDOWS 7, 64bit, using m2v files. Encode it in the new H264 m4v and start back to work. If this does not work for you, Roxio has a very nice Blu Ray burning program. And what difference does it make if ENCORE is full of cool features, if it simply just don't work.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Veli KayimRe: Encore Encode Failed
by on Mar 3, 2012 at 5:46:48 am

I use CS5 and I was having "Encore Failed" problem whenever I tried to build a DVD. I did two things:
1- Updated all the CS5 products
2- Run Encore as administrator

After this my problem was solved, thanks to the person who suggested running Encore as administrator.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]