Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Blu-ray fatal error

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jaromir PesrBlu-ray fatal error
by on Oct 10, 2007 at 4:09:02 pm

I am getting following error when trying to burn Blu-ray disk with Encore CS3:

Blu-ray Error: "Fatal Error", Code: "6", Note:"

I have just tried to build ultrasimple Blu-ray disc with just one timeline and short video encoded to both MPEG2 or H264 by Premiere Pro CS3 (Blu-ray preset was used). Without any menu or other feature. It does not matter if I try to burn to disc or write as an image. Same error. So this is not a burner issue. It appears after "importing session ...ac3..." (it is hard to spot) procedure during "Building progress", when "Initializing" appears. There is no problem when checking project.
Any thoughts?
Thank you
Jaromir Pesr
i/o post

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joe BowdenRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Oct 11, 2007 at 3:58:34 pm

What's the version of Encore in the About box?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dwayne GitterRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Oct 23, 2007 at 2:38:34 pm

Hi,
I am receiving the same error, adobe was no help. I was curious if you were able to fix. I am getting no where. It is frustrating.

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

coremicroRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Oct 25, 2007 at 9:58:23 pm

Download and install msxml 6.0

It should fix the error

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=993c0bcf-3bcf-4009...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Khoi PhamRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Jan 3, 2008 at 11:59:54 pm

Thank you very much Coremicro, that seems to fix it, it is building now and have passed the point where I got the error code.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew AllegrinoRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Mar 1, 2008 at 3:14:26 pm

I am getting the same error code in Encore 3.0.2 (MAC) After a terribly long transcode and build, the error pops up. What a tremendous waste of time trying to get this Blu-Ray to build into an iso.
The solution that coremicro offered does not apply to me since we are using Mac.
Any suggestions? Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Adam ElderRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Mar 23, 2008 at 8:29:18 pm

I am having the same error and I cannot find help anywhere. Are you using Leopard? I have the update for Encore to version 3.0.2 - which is supposed to make it fully compatible, but that did not help either. I was also having this issue on the PC - and the microsoft patch listed above did resolve the issue, but now that its a mac we are talking about, I cannot find anything.

Adam Elder

323-251-7068

adam@adameldermedia.com

"There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams, except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality" - despair inc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew AllegrinoRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Mar 24, 2008 at 3:28:44 pm

Haven't seen code 6 in a while, not since updating to 3.0.2 I think. But the huge ISO problem hasn't gone away.
I can't keep up with my threads, not sure if I've mentioned it here or not but I have been trying for nearly 2 months to build a Blu-Ray disc or iso with combinations of the following:

1 1/2 hour HD element (transcoded inside of and outside of Encore)
3 (three) SD elements transcoded outside of Encore to h.264 blu-ray spec
same elements transcoded inside Encore to that spec
same elements transcoded outside of Encore to native SD resolution (placed on separate tracks in Encore)

Adobe techs are looking into it. The only preliminary idea that has been determined is that something in the header info of one of the videos is telling Encore to inject the element into the iso several times. Prior to build, disc info will claim a 16GB iso will be made. Then it spits out 44GB.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Adam BankheadRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Aug 19, 2008 at 1:36:56 am

I got the "code 6" error, downloaded the fix in the link, and it solved the problem. I am working on a "PC" in Parallels, using Toast to burn a BDMV folder.

On a side note, as of today, 8/17/08, Adobe still hasn't fixed a bug in Encore that makes button "selected" states invisible. Meaning, you can't see what button is selected- no highlight. There is currently no workaround. This bug only applies if you are using 16:9 footage on a Blu-ray project on a Mac. This is what forced me to have to use Encore for PC.

I've found both versions to be highly unstable, but I am finally able to deliver a fully working BD, menu and all.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian KennellRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Nov 18, 2008 at 5:46:04 pm

Just in case someone else runs into this. I have an MPEG2 encoded track for Blu-ray. Using Encore CS3 v3.02. No menu's, nothing fancy. I tried to write an ISO image and I get the Fatal Error, code 6 everytime. I tried these fixes here and elsewhere to no avail.

What finally worked was changing the disc name and the filename/location. I changed the name of the disc from "Smith-Jones Wedding Unedited HD Footage" to "disc" and the filename from "unedited_footage.iso" to "disc.iso" set to build to the root c: and I was able to build a Blu-ray ISO image.

I don't know which change solved my problem, but it worked. This software is really flaky. Reminds me of the encoding error you get if you use an "&" in the filename in Adobe Media Encoder...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ben CochraneRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Jul 6, 2009 at 1:21:55 am

that's totally random but it actually does work...

i'm on a new mac and i kept getting the stupid code 6 error when building an HD bluray image until i read this thread and changed the name of the disc and the file name to "disc" and it got through no problems.

weird!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Frank WylieRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Nov 23, 2009 at 3:11:39 am

OMG! I am so FURIOUS that this is the actual solution!

What abysmal, sloppy coding on Adobe's part!

I could just scream!

Frank Wylie

"The camera is a base instrument; you must do violence to it..." Orson Welles

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael WeigandRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Jan 14, 2010 at 9:30:38 pm

Can you tell me X-ACTLY what you did in order to get this to work? Im afraid I dont understand what you mean in saying you "changed the name of the disc and the file name to "disc"

Where did you do this? in the build section? and do you mean you saved the project as disc? Please elaborate, we just talked to someone in India for an hour and I feel kind of nauseous.

Please help us. You are our only hope

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill WoodRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Jan 17, 2010 at 11:08:14 pm

Michael -

I am also experiencing a similar error when trying to use Encore CS4 to produce a 1080p Blu Ray image or disk using Windows 7 64 bit on a Dell 690 Workstation with dual Xeon 3 GHz procewssors and 20 GB of RAM.

I am trying to produce a three hour 1080p 29.97 program set up with Premiere Pro CS4 on the same machine. After making a few edits to change the rolling end credits, Encore stops with Blu-ray Error: "fatal error", Code:"6", Note:"

This error appears during the "Initializing Burn Engine with the progress bar about 15%, Writing: Disk 1 of 1, Data Written: 0.00 kb of 14.84 GB, Time Remaining: 1 min 26 sec. This is shortly after the transcoding is completed and about 15 seconds into the burn engine process. It occure with both writing to a Blu Ray disk or writing the Blu Ray image.

I have tried this several times after carefully checking the parameters in both P Pro and Encore. Right now I exporting via AME a 1080i 29.97 MPEG 2 Blu Ray file before using it in Encore CS4 to make a 1080i disk. Anyone have any other comments or suggestions?

Bill Wood

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jonas BendsenRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Sep 19, 2010 at 4:58:13 pm

Hi, Bill.

Just wondering if you found a solution, as your set-up is pretty similar to mine, and none of the other "solutions" (changing names, downloading the patch) have worked for me.

I'd really love to be able to create a BluRay disc, but right now, it's just not happening.

Thanks!

:::::::::::::::::::::
This is my life, I edit and edit and edit and edit...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 19, 2010 at 5:16:52 pm

Jonas - I have since migrated to CS5 and do not have that problem. I believe that I got it to work by opening EN CS4 as an administrator instead of a regular user. Right click instead of double click and choose Run as Administrator. - Bill

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 19, 2010 at 5:29:52 pm

I got so excited when I saw this response, but even running in "admin mode" did not prevent the Code 6 error.

I've tried several different types of renders, various menus all at different sizes, removing the menus completely (so the disc is ONLY a timeline), etc., but nothing seems to work.

Aggravating to say the least.

Thanks for trying to help!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 19, 2010 at 6:22:14 pm

Jonas _ Did you try the fix here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=993c0bcf-3bcf-4009... There was another fix that replaced a bad file in Window system but I can't remember it. Have you tried writing to an ISO file instaed of burning the BluRay directly? If that works try burning from the iso file. CS4 EN works as I made many Blu Ray disks with it. You just need the right fix! - Bill

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 19, 2010 at 6:37:42 pm

Yeah, I tried the msxml6 patch, but to no avail.

I am definitely writing to .iso as of a couple of weeks ago, as I learned the expensive "coaster lesson" the hard way. BR media is outrageous! [smile]

I've been looking for a solution to this problem for nearly a month, but haven't found a fix yet.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 19, 2010 at 7:00:43 pm

Can you write a blu ray iso file without the error? If so you can use a program such as Cyberlink's Power2Go to burn the iso image. - Bill

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 19, 2010 at 7:03:18 pm

No. That's what I was saying. I stopped trying to burn to discs (crazy expensive) a while ago and am just trying to create an .iso now so I can burn the .iso to a disc later.

Thanks for your suggestions, Bill!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 14, 2010 at 9:34:29 pm

what is the "disc name" where did you find that?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jan 22, 2010 at 9:37:52 pm

To clarify: the error message you are getting from Encore is worded improperly: instead of "underflow" it should say "underrun"

THIS IS WHAT A BUFFER UNDERRUN IS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_underrun

Now the solution for all you mac guys out there: well there isnt really much you can do. A blu ray burner with "buffer underrun protection" will help. Also having no other programs open when you are burning might get you over the hump. What else, doing a boot with the shift button held down will help too. Otherwise Encore is just not the piece of SW that can handle things like this. I reccomend doing some research and finding SW and a pipeline that works best for you.

Good luck!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen RutherfordRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 5:00:06 pm

I was getting the same error on BR discs with long names. I have been able to rename discs with 9 characters (no spaces) and they burn no problem. Any more than that, I haven't tested yet.

I did receive the error after installing the MS patch and restarting the machine.

Thank you to this thread for helping me solve my own problems ;)

Stephen Rutherford
Graphics Producer: Gale Force Media, CanesVision & Wolfpack TV
stephenr@carolinahurricanes.com
http://www.facebook.com/swrutherford
http://www.twitter.com/CVHD

CAROLINA HURRICANES: 2006 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

Current System Configuration:
Intel i7 920 PC 2.67 GHz
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit
12 GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForceGTS 250 512MB DDR3

Adobe Production Premium CS4
3D Studio Max 2010

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Matt TaylorRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 2:58:06 pm

With the naming issue...

I was having the same problem, and then I re-typed my disc name as ALL CAPS and underscores between spaces. That worked for me.

Matt Taylor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ana Carolina Trevisan CamiloRe: Blu-ray fatal error
by on May 7, 2014 at 8:43:47 pm

Dear friends,

After reading all of your suggestions and applied many of them I could finally get rid off code 6 error (thanks for that) and I was able to create an .ISO file. But now, I'm struggling again to burn a bluray disc. I've tried using Nero and ImgBurn, but without success. After it's ejected, I can see the disc is burned and that the .iso file is there but no bluray reader can support it. Could anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance

Ana Trevisan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]