Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

ERROR: -12004 FREAKING OUT, PLEASE HELP!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Raw SoundERROR: -12004 FREAKING OUT, PLEASE HELP!
by on Oct 6, 2007 at 12:11:45 pm

I have recently completed a year long project for which I am now authoring the DVD using Encore CS3. I have been building DVD's after each addition to the project to make sure everything is working properly etc.

Since the last build, I have made a few minor adjustments and now every time I try to build, I get Unknown Error:- 12004 once all transcoding has been completed.

I have reversed all the changes that I made, tried exporting to disk, folder and image but the error still comes up every time.

Can anybody help me? My Project is due in 2 days and I dont know what else to do!!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff BelluneRe: ERROR: -12004 FREAKING OUT, PLEASE HELP!
by on Oct 12, 2007 at 1:56:43 pm

Do you have any incremented saves of the project, like MyProject01, MyProject02, etc.?

Do you have any disk or data backups of the project from before the time when you made the most recent changes?

About the only thing I can suggest is to:

1. Do a Revert to Original on all of your transcoded assets.

2. Do a Replace Asset operation on all of your assets that were already DVD-compliant when you imported them.

3. Save the project under a new name, and try building again.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

markmcginleyRe: ERROR: -12004 FREAKING OUT, PLEASE HELP!
by on Oct 30, 2007 at 4:36:11 pm

I got that same error number when I set the end action within a timeline to repeat itself. The timeline had two movies in it. Once I separated the two movies and looped them externally, the error went away.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sergio SheffieldAdobe Encore CS3 ERROR: -12004 (When building disc image)
by on May 28, 2011 at 10:55:57 pm

I got a way to solve it!

I also used to get that -12004 error every time I tried to build the disc image in a certain Adobe Encore CS3 project.

My Encore project had 2 AVI files in just 1 timeline.
So, "AVI 1" was "Chapter 1" and "AVI 2" was "Chapter 2" in the timeline, however, Adobe Encore CS3 has crashed (Unknown error -12004)

The solution:
I created 2 Timelines:
"Timeline 1" with "AVI 1"
"Timeline 2" with "AVI 2"

"Timeline 1" -> "end action" = Timeline 2

Why did I need to separate in 2 timelines?
I really don't know ... I use to make projects with several files in a single timeline without problems, but this time it didn't work.

Hope this can help you,
Good luck!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]