Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

End action will not execute because of end action on the final chapter point

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
D.Kirk KidnerEnd action will not execute because of end action on the final chapter point
by on Aug 31, 2006 at 2:30:37 am

The subject says it all, I am making THE simplest DVD in Encore 2.0 (PLAY MOVIE) but when I check it I get "End action will not execute because of end action on the final chapter point message". I can find nothing on this searching thru help files. Am glad you guys are here.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joe BowdenRe: End action will not execute because of end action on the final chapter point
by on Aug 31, 2006 at 3:22:53 am

Pretty self-explanatory- it's telling you Encore won't execute the timeline end action because the last chapter point has an end action. If you're fine with that, ignore it. Otherwise, either change the last chapter point end action to Not Set- then the timeline end action can play.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim TrottRe: End action will not execute because of end action on the final chapter point
by on Jun 29, 2010 at 12:58:00 am

NOT SET is not one of the options for End Action and other "logical
" choices are inoperative/grayed out.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul FriedlRe: End action will not execute because of end action on the final chapter point
by on Jul 19, 2010 at 6:06:16 pm

I am a newcomer -- just joined the "COW" for interacting with people using Encore CS4. My main approach (sigh) is mostly trial and error because there is not much help available in the books or when error messages like the "End action ..." above happen.

Anyway, I had the same error today, read this forum post, went back to try and get the "Not Set" setting on my last chapter mark, and discovered by good old trial and error that you can use Delete in the same menu. I tried it, no more Error, and I could proceed with the burn.

Paul

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

John OrbanRe: End action will not execute because of end action on the final chapter point
by on Jan 22, 2013 at 6:02:09 pm

Joe:

My man - you have said in one freaking sentence what it took the Adobe forum to answer in so many posts I got dizzy reading them and I don't think they really resolved the issue.

THANK YOU for being one of the few, the proud, the LUCIDS!

w00t!

John

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael CoxRe: End action will not execute because of end action on the final chapter point
by on Jan 23, 2013 at 2:51:53 pm

Have tried what was suggested above. Instead, do this: locate the last GOP point on your timeline (using the Encore monitor, hold down the option key while pressing the "next marker" button to the right of the "play" button). Add a chapter marker using the white "chapter +" button, located in two places: next to the play buttons on the monitor, or to the left of the timeline. Don't do anything to that button. Now try the Check Build/Start and see if the problem disappears: it did for me.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeanette McCrimmonRe: End action will not execute because of end action on the final chapter point
by on Sep 12, 2013 at 12:27:00 pm

Thanks! This worked a treat.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]