Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Major Project, Major Headache!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
hisodsMajor Project, Major Headache!
by on Jan 25, 2006 at 7:01:41 pm

I shot a series of 15 second clips about a year ago to go into a software ap. Now the client wants to burn them out to DVD for set top playback. There are 300 clips under some 18 categories. This would require 18 menus with up to 20 sub menus per category menu. :(

I have Encore 1.5 and have never tried anything like this. Is it up to the task? Should I invest the money for the 2.0 upgrade and some Total Training? Is there a better software ap out there?

I realize that I am out of my depth; having VERY little DVD experience other than straight burning. I use a Plextor 708 burner. I should mention that the initial run of these will be about a thousand copies so I need to make it real correct like.

thanks in advance for all sage advice!

Steve

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

dom_EESBRe: Major Project, Major Headache!
by on Jan 25, 2006 at 11:58:26 pm

Hi,

I think you are worrying for no reason....

You'd start with a main menu for a choice of the 18 categories, with each sub-menu having 20 or so choices as you described. If you are working in 4:3 then you can have (if memory serves) 36 buttons on a menu, as opposed to 18 buttons on a 16:9 menu.

Create your menus in photoshop (you use this, right?), import all your assets - vid clips etc, make you timelines, one category at a time, and link each button to each timeline - you should be able to keep fairly good track of where you are if you break it into chunks like this....

Dominic Osborne

---------------

Director & Head of Visuals

Eight Eyed Sea Bass Ltd

http://www.eighteyedseabass.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aanarav SareenRe: Major Project, Major Headache!
by on Jan 26, 2006 at 4:01:32 am

Shouldn't be a problem at all. HOWEVER, I would reccomend that you use a flowchard to assist you with this process, otherwise you can get lost.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]