Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Making a self playing loop-able dvd

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Tim SepulvedaMaking a self playing loop-able dvd
by on May 19, 2005 at 3:23:33 am

Hi everyone, first time posting here, and I have a quick question about using Encore. I am preparing my demo reels for dvd playback, at school we've been using Premiere Pro 1.5 and I have just been using the new export to DVD option, and making my DVD's loopable. is there a way in Encore that i can just create a self playing DVD? we have encore at school too but honestly, none of the Animation department has a clue how to use it, out Digital Media Production guys know how to, but that's a different story. My school has chosen to "get rid" of Premiere Pro 1.5 for some darn odd reason. Any help, or little tutorial would be great, also any suggestions for other programs that our Media guys might have that can do a self playing and looping dvd would be great!!!
Thanks in advance
Tim S.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael AuteryRe: Making a self playing loop-able DVD
by on May 19, 2005 at 6:15:58 pm

Hi,

Creating a self playing loop-able DVD in Encore DVD:

Open Encore click on File-> Import Asset and find the video clip you want to use

NEXT: Right click on the video in the Project Palette and select New Timeline, after the timeline opens make sure the video and audio are on the timeline in there prospective tracks, if not drag the audio/video to the timeline

Click on the play button on your monitor to make sure the video plays like you want it too.

if your monitor is not open select Windows at the top and click on monitor, all your palettes are under the windows link at the top of the program.

Click on your Project palette and the timline to set the properties for the timeline

Now we need to set the End Action

The Timeline Properties palette should be on the right side, use the Pick Whip (the little circle after the words End Action on the timeline properties palette. Left click on the pickwhip and drag it to your timeline on the project palette that should set the end action.

Setting the menu remote

drag the pick whip to the video timeline on the Project Palette

Now click on the Disc tab, and on the disc properties palette drag the pick whip for the Title Button to the timeline on the project palette.

Save project

Now with the Disc tab selected select Build project

hope that helps, I have several tutorial as well as many resources on my website for using Encore

Regards,
Michael Autery
DVD-Makers.com
200 Encore DVD Motion Menus &
320 DVD Motion Menu Backgrounds download immediately!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim SepulvedaRe: Making a self playing loop-able DVD
by on May 20, 2005 at 12:26:01 pm

Thanks soooo much, everything is working great, and I got a better looking final product from Encore!!!
Tim S.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Teilo TrimbleRe: Making a self playing loop-able DVD
by on Nov 2, 2008 at 4:20:21 am

Hi Michael,

I came across your post after staying up until 4am trying to work out how to create a looped DVD for one of my clients and I needed to get it done by the next day, it worked and its due to your concise and clear directions, thank you ever so much, I can go to bed now!

Teilo

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

chris CummingsRe: Making a self playing loop-able DVD
by on Jun 3, 2009 at 6:15:53 pm

Thanks as well from me - just tested and worked perfectly!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

yair neumannRe: Making a self playing loop-able DVD
by on Jun 10, 2009 at 12:09:13 pm

I've been playing around with the program for hours untill I came to your post, thank you for shortning my everlong struggle with burning what should have been a simple task

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Larry LagmanRe: Making a self playing loop-able DVD
by on Apr 8, 2011 at 3:41:23 am

Hi,

I was reading your post in regards to creating a looping video. I was following all the instructions and got stuck in the step for applying a pick whip. I couldn't find this little circle after the word "End Action". Below the end action column it says not set. Please help.

Larry

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chathuranga SurajRe: Making a self playing loop-able DVD
by on Jan 24, 2012 at 9:17:35 am

Thank you so much very helpful !!! :D

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dave TavernierRe: Making a self playing loop-able DVD
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 8:10:14 pm

I have a question regarding this subject matter. I'm trying to do the same thing and I have followed the directions in this thread and the loop works except for one thing, I get a black frame every time the loop starts over at the beginning. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Thanks a million,
Dave

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alex DouglasRe: Making a self playing loop-able DVD
by on May 29, 2012 at 7:51:22 pm

Hi, I can't find the "disc" tab in CS6. Is it called the same thing?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]