Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

EX1R Shot Mark Workflow

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Justin LangeEX1R Shot Mark Workflow
by on Sep 4, 2012 at 9:41:48 pm

Hey all,

I've searched this forum over and over and can't find what I'm looking for. I'm sure it's a simple solution, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I recently started shooting on the EX1R and editing on Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and I've learned how to assign and use the shot mark 1 and shot mark 2 buttons, but I need some help with workflow best practices. Is there a way to only import marked shots to Premiere? Or can I delete all shots not marked on the camera before I offload and import?

I shoot a lot of sports and when I have an hour and a half of nothingness shot during a soccer game, I would rather not import those clips and just import the good stuff I've marked (i.e. goals, saves, etc.)

Any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rafael AmadorRe: EX1R Shot Mark Workflow
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 1:10:43 pm

[Justin Lange] " Or can I delete all shots not marked on the camera before I offload and import?"
You can delete them on camera, so the folder/files structure reflects the changes.
if you delete them manually in the computer, you might have problems when importing.
I don't work with PP, but with FC, but as a rule of thumb is recommended to keep the original card structure. Many of us have learnt the hard way no to mess with it.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Justin LangeRe: EX1R Shot Mark Workflow
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 1:19:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. That is my question though.. I need sort of a step-by-step process on how to delete all unmarked clips on the camera before offloading. I don't want to mess with the file structure on the card by deleting clips on my cpu. How would I go about deleting the clips that are not marked before I plug in my cards to import? Is there an easy way to do it all at once? Or is it just manually looking at which shots are marked and individually deleting all that aren't? That seems like a pain. There's got to be a more efficient way to get rid of media that isn't marked.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rafael AmadorRe: EX1R Shot Mark Workflow
by on Sep 8, 2012 at 3:13:30 am

Hi Justin,
I'm afraid you'll have to do it clip by clip.
I think guess the easier way is to download just the files you want to keep.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]