Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

Strange Corruption Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Media Encoder

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Joshua KerrStrange Corruption Issue
by on Jul 8, 2012 at 11:45:28 am

Hi Everybody,

I was doing some event filming as a favour for a friend. After transferring the .MXF files to my computer I tried them out in VLC and all of them worked absolutely fine...except one.

I cannot seem to get this one (important) file to be ready by any program. My computer recognises it as an MXF, it knows that VLC is its default app and it knows that the file size is 12GB but for some reason XDCAM browser cant open the file, VLC just stays on its main media page and Adobe Media Encoder says 'the source compression type is not supported', even though it should be the same as all of the other clips (which work is all of the above programs).

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Click to view my video production company or visit our company facebook page.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Don GreeningRe: Strange Corruption Issue
by on Jul 8, 2012 at 10:31:36 pm

I'll assume you're using an PC and not a Mac? you can use Sony's Clip Browser software to create a new BPAV folder for that one problem clip and see if that will enable VLC to play it back. Sometimes it's not the actual clip that becomes corrupt but instead it may be the directory structure that tells various programs what it is they're looking at.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joshua KerrRe: Strange Corruption Issue
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 11:47:13 am

Hi Don

Thanks for your reply. I've solved the problem. The footage needed to be resolved in the camera. It's a pesky function and seems to occur when the battery runs out during filming.

Click to view my video production company or visit our company facebook page.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]