Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

XDCAM transfer question

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
jp croftXDCAM transfer question
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 9:49:28 pm

I am brand new to the XDCAM EX format. I copied the BPAV by dragging it to my external hard drive icon. It transfered ok...I think. The BPAV folder shows up there. I now know I should use clip browser for that. I downloaded clip browser 2.6 and XDCAM transfer 2.12. When I launch those I cannot see my clips load up inside them. Am I missing a step? I am using FCP 7.

Thank you

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ron PestesRe: XDCAM transfer question
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 10:31:20 pm

Drag the complete BPAV folder into XDCAM Transfer. Then you should see your clips and be able to change them to .mov files. I just use Transfer without going the Clipbrowser route but many people will say this is dangerous because you can't verify the copy like you can with Clipbrowser.

ronpesteshdvideo.com
Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro
Dell M6600
New convert to Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel WrightRe: XDCAM transfer question
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 10:47:23 pm

You need to put the BPAV folder inside another folder called whatever you like (you must not rename the BPAV folder, though). Then drag this folder onto the Sources list on the left hand side of XDCAM Transfer. You should then see the thumbnails start to appear.

BTW, If you are using Lion, then you will need to upgrade to XDCAM Transfer 2.13.

HTH

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jp croftRe: XDCAM transfer question
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 12:14:15 am

Ron, Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. I dragged the BPAV to the source window from the finder and still nothing. When I drag it, it has the green circle with the + on the inside and when I release it in the source, nothing happens.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Don GreeningRe: XDCAM transfer question
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 12:29:32 am

Tutorial:

• 1) put your BPAV folder inside another folder. Call it Card #1 or whatever you choose.
  • 2) start XDCAM Transfer and click on the "Add" button on the bottom left of the window.
  • 3) navigate to the folder that contains the BPAV folder.
  • 4) don't open the folder that contains the BPAV.
  • 5) XDCAM Transfer will have already "seen" the BPAV folder inside.
  • 6) at the lower right of the window click on "Import".
  • 7) the file thumbnails should appear in the top window.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob TompkinsRe: XDCAM transfer question
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 2:34:56 pm

I strongly suggest reading the directions. Being a guy I do not usually do this but in this case it is VERY important to use the correct workflow. Many people get frustrated with the XDCam format because they do not do it correctly.

I personally use XDCam Clip Browser to make a complete copy of my card to an internal drive on my MacPro by using "copy all" and the CRC check function. I then use XDCam transfer to put my files on my server or use Final Cut Pro to import the back-ups off the internal drive.

Please read the directions.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin PatrickRe: XDCAM transfer question
by on Feb 4, 2012 at 2:07:49 pm

You may not read instructions, but you write them pretty good. (is that good English?)

I highly recommend your workflow.

XDCAM Browser to copy the entire BPAV, with the CRC check on. This is for backup.

XDCAM Transfer to re-wrap the BPAV files to a new location for use in editing.

I looked at Shot Put Pro, but I found Sony's software to work just fine.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]