Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

XD-CamHD (not EX)

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
John DelaneyXD-CamHD (not EX)
by on Feb 8, 2011 at 12:57:37 pm

I've been using the XD-Cam Transfer software for the past few years to get XD-CamHD footage shot on 355s into FCP and found it very intuitive and simple. I just went to XD-Cam Browser and am having a hard time ... can anyone point to some good resources that explain how to accomplish with XD-Cam Browser the same things that one could do in XD-Cam Transfer easily and without any explanation?

Sorry if I've posted this the wrong place, but couldn't find anyplace about XD-CamHD (not EX).

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ian CookRe: XD-CamHD (not EX)
by on Feb 8, 2011 at 3:07:02 pm

XDCAM Browser has a help file that explains much of the workflow. The basic steps are the same except that in Browser you have to select 'register for Final cut pro' (we are desperately trying to get them to change the terminology here), either from the menu or by using the little button under the viewer. Note that in the current version of XDCAM Browser imports are handled as a foreground process (i.e. you can't use your computer while they're happening). Also to import multiple sub clips you have to create a clip list (req's v1.1); there is no dedicated sub clip list as there is with XDCAM Transfer.

Hope this helps..

Ian

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John DelaneyRe: XD-CamHD (not EX)
by on Feb 8, 2011 at 11:51:36 pm

Thank you, Ian. Yes, that does help ... under deadline pressure, I flipped through the Help frantically and stared at the interface in disbelief until I gave up and went to a machine with XD-Cam Transfer.

I must say, it sure is a good thing Sony "fixed" that darn XD-Cam Transfer ... it just made capturing way too simple ... who wants to edit when you can have hours of fun trying to get footage into the NLE!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]