Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

EX1 SDHC Card formated.... Needs to be recoverd...

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dan NetheryEX1 SDHC Card formated.... Needs to be recoverd...
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 5:55:27 pm

SO I had a shooter format a SDHC card in the camera and realized that he formatted the wrong card. He pulled it out right away before he shot any video to it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to recover the deleted media?

Thanks a million for any help.
dan.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Craig SeemanRe: EX1 SDHC Card formated.... Needs to be recoverd...
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 6:04:53 pm

You'll probably need to experiment with various file recovery programs. I'm sure others will post suggestions. I can't recall any one program being a universal best. That would be good to know. There's a great file recovery service for corrupted files but that would probably be a next step depending on the state of the mp4 after pulling them back.

Sorry to be tangential but I suspect there is a serious flaw in the workflow that should never be risked repeating. Cards should be formatted before the shoot, not during.
Avoid offloading during a shoot. Buy more SDHC cards.
Offload after the shoot so one can focus on keeping track of the cards.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Olanrewaju OlakunleRe: EX1 SDHC Card formated.... Needs to be recoverd...
by on Aug 25, 2010 at 7:44:43 pm

Try photorec from http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec and if that does not work (though it will mostly on pc but you may have problem with audio) you then try http://www.aeroquartet.com thats' your sure bet for xdcam camers but I can tell you it will be very expensive.

Spirit

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]