Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

SXS 1 Formating issue

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bruce I WeirSXS 1 Formating issue
by on Mar 17, 2010 at 4:28:03 pm

Just got my EX1 firmware upgraded to the latest 1.14 by Sony so I could use 32 gig cards. Put in a brand new SxS 1 card, it recognizes it, states it needs to be formatted as per normal, but when I execute format it stalls at 79% and just sits there. Mac Laptop recognizes the drive, and in the get info recognizes the correct size, but since it hasn't completed the in-camera formatting, the camera doesn't recognize the drive other than to say it requires formatting.
Am I missing something?

PS during format camera will not shut off - only way to stop the format procedure is to remove the card - suspect not a great thing

MacPro Quad/Matrox MX 02, Caldigit 4Gig Element Two 2gig Lacie Raids, FCP Studio 2 6.5, Betacam 1800, DSR 11,Sony EX1 Sony Z5U, PD150, Blu Ray Burner, , AfterEffects CS3

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Craig SeemanRe: SXS 1 Formating issue
by on Mar 17, 2010 at 4:51:19 pm

[Bruce I Weir] "Just got my EX1 firmware upgraded to the latest 1.14 by Sony so I could use 32 gig cards."
Latest EX1 firmware is 1.20. It's available from Sony site as user installable at the risk of bricking though.

[Bruce I Weir] ". Put in a brand new SxS 1 card"
SxS 1 requires 1.20

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bruce I WeirRe: SXS 1 Formating issue
by on Mar 17, 2010 at 5:30:10 pm

Thanks Craig. I will inform Sony Canada there is a newer version. There always the last to know

MacPro Quad/Matrox MX 02, Caldigit 4Gig Element Two 2gig Lacie Raids, FCP Studio 2 6.5, Betacam 1800, DSR 11,Sony EX1 Sony Z5U, PD150, Blu Ray Burner, , AfterEffects CS3

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 17, 2010 at 6:59:47 pm

Thanks Craig Took a big gulp, got my jeweler screwdrivers out, read the pdf 3 x and did the upgrade from an intel Macbook Pro. Worked like a charm. Had a network (preference) message pop up at the start and at restart - OS trying to figure out who this is connected to it - but didn't seem to have any effect on the upgrade - SxS1 working great.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

bruno perosaRe: SXS 1 Formating issue
by on Mar 17, 2010 at 9:34:24 pm

Hi,
could you please tell me what OS version you are using?
By the way, normally Sony Canada are always on the front...

EX3, Nikon Adaptimax with various lenses, Acuter Merlin mount, MBP17"2.93GHz, FCS2, Media100, BtcSP, DVcam

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 18, 2010 at 12:18:50 pm

MacBook Pro, 2Ghz Intel Core Duo with OS 10.6.2. All went very smooth with the exception of a network preference window that popped up when I first turned the camera on, and at reboot. Looks like the OS was treating it as a network device and wanted to know if I wanted to configure it or something. I just hit cancel and the download went on as normal.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jean quelquechoseRe: SXS 1 Formating issue
by on May 18, 2010 at 12:10:23 pm

hi,
I just got an ex3 cam. I also ought a sxs-1 card and I tried to plug it into the cam but it wrote this message "media needs to be formated". I executed it but it stopped at 79% and nothing else happened.
do you have any idea of what I could do for it ?

thanks and sorry for my english

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 18, 2010 at 1:35:56 pm

Which firmware version does your EX3 have? On the EX1 it is v1.20 to use SXS 1 cards. Be very careful upgrading the firmware, make sure you read the directions carefully and if not confident it may be wise to go to Sony and have the upgrade performed.

Info is at
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcamexsite/resource.downloads.bbsccms-a...

From the sony site

XDCAM EX Firmware Upgrade

NOTICE: PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR PMW-EX1 OR PMW-EX3 IS CURRENTLY AT V1.05 OR BETTER BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO LOAD THIS UPDATE. IF YOUR CAMCORDER IS CURRENTLY AT V1.04 OR LOWER, PLEASE CALL YOU LOCAL SONY SERVICE CENTER FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.

In response to users' requests for additional choices in recording media for XDCAM EX, this user-upgradeable firmware update offers compatibility of the current family of XDCAM EX products with the new Sony Media Adaptors: MEAD-MS01 (Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX) and MEAD-SD01 (SDHC memory card)), as well as the SxS-1 series media cards.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Olly LawerRe: SXS 1 Formating issue
by on Mar 16, 2011 at 5:19:21 pm

Hi,

I am having this same prob. Getting to 79% then stopping. I too had to remove the card. It seems for your post that the card works fine now. Although used on an ex1r recently with upgraded firmware, the card is no longer recognised and won't format.

Did you do anything to sort the card out apart from re-formatting in the camera with upgraded firmware?

Kind regards,

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jean quelquechoseRe: SXS 1 Formating issue
by on Nov 22, 2012 at 9:52:54 am

Thanks a lot, I only answer now because I didn't get the notification on my email.
I found the resolution for it, it was just a firmware to set up ;)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]