Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AUTODESK COMBUSTION:Autodesk Combustion ForumAutodesk Combustion TutorialsAutodesk CombustionAutodesk

2K Cineon to SD video color space conversion with LUT and Combustion

COW Forums : Autodesk Combustion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
darkly2K Cineon to SD video color space conversion with LUT and Combustion
by on Mar 10, 2007 at 11:00:43 pm

This seems relatively straightforward, but continues to elude me. I have 2K media in Cineon 10bit log 23.98. Now, as the cineon files were graded for film output on an ArriLaser, I need to convert them to video color space in order to be able to output my video masters. I figured I should use a simple straight LUT in Combustion and then add an NTSC filter over the whole thing, before going through a full grading pass. Does this seem correct? So far, I've been unable to find a setting that is good enough as a starting point.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

gary m davisRe: 2K Cineon to SD video color space conversion with LUT and Combustion
by on Mar 12, 2007 at 1:24:53 am

sounds about right. log2lin 1d LUT used at render time (as opposed to a view lut only) and go out down-rezed to a 8bit per pixel format for video at either 25 or 29.97fps (PAL/NTSC)

? whats the issue you are having?

//gD

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

darklyRe: 2K Cineon to SD video color space conversion with LUT and Combustion
by on Mar 12, 2007 at 3:12:52 am

Log2lin 1D LUT shows up as way too dark on most of the sequence. I figure it's a ref white or black issue, but adjusting those arbitrarily seems a bit too ballpark. Since the Cineon stream is fully graded, I am trying to avoid having to do another full grading pass on the whole thing. Is there a relatively straightforward "scientific" method of bringing the clipped whites and blacks back in?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]