Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AUTODESK COMBUSTION:Autodesk Combustion ForumAutodesk Combustion TutorialsAutodesk CombustionAutodesk

Two problems that haven't gone away

COW Forums : Autodesk Combustion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dean DeCarloTwo problems that haven't gone away
by on Jan 19, 2006 at 4:53:21 pm

There are two problems I have with Combustion that have been there since I started seriously working with it at V2.

1.) Nested comp parameters disappear in graph view. This is pretty consistent. If you nest a comp (especially more than once) the graph does not come up at all for objects. It sometimes flashes briefly but does not stay up. Solution is to copy and paste the whole nest.

2.) Parenting often makes objects disappear in to space. This often happens when I parent objects. Set the object to be parented by a null or other object and it disappears. No way to make it visible. Parent icon looks as if infintely scaled in Z or something. Unset the parent it snaps back to original position. Only solution seems to be to close and restart the app.

I've been working with both of these problems have been a real tiresome slow down for me for a long time. I'm currently still working on the last cut of V3. From a brief experience I had on V4 it did not look to be fixed. Is this a problem for anyone else? I use a ton of nests and parents so it really sucks for me.

Thanks.

Dean

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

gary m davisRe: Two problems that haven't gone away
by on Jan 21, 2006 at 3:37:36 am

both of those sound like nothign ive ever heard of or seen. re: timeline... are you using any timeline filters and/or are you at the top level? re: parenting... do the objects physically move in space or are they inheriting the position and/or scale of the new parent?

//gd

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

andreiRe: Two problems that haven't gone away
by on Jan 21, 2006 at 1:20:45 pm

Hi Gary,
I don't know if this is the problem, but the parenting inside nested comp. it is not working fine asince 1 relezse...especially when you use a camera for the comp in witch the layers are parenting, and then you use not for the nested comp....
I think he's right....but of course I might be wrong...
cheers
andrei

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

theoRe: Two problems that haven't gone away
by on Jan 21, 2006 at 11:21:30 pm

strange this works on my C4 which is on a mac

t

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sam BehrensHere's a third
by on Jan 23, 2006 at 6:05:54 pm

I had to do some wire removal on a few clips using Clone or Reveal. Looked great in ram. When rendered, some paint obects disappeared (some wires, or parts of wires were not removed). There were also times when I would create a new stroke and other strokes would disappear. This happened on two completely different systems; both state of the art (same project), dual xeon's, etc. I saw some of the same frustration from someone on this board, the remedy for him was choosing the paint sorce rather than using "Current". Didn't make a difference for me.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dean DeCarloRe: Two problems that haven't gone away
by on Jan 23, 2006 at 12:45:32 am

For the graph I'm using the default filters and I try the top level and other levels. As I said sometimes the graph flashes on but then disappears. I guess there is something weird on my machine.

The parenting thing happens when I just add a null with no tranforms on it. Sometimes. Both og these are intermittant and hard to repeat. But they happen often enough to be a real pain. Usually when I've been working for a while and the files gets large.

As I said restarting the app usually fixes the problem but it seems like a bug. When I finish the projects I'm on I'll try wiping the machine and reinstalling everything. I hate that solution but it's been a long time and there are some other strange things that won't go away.

Windows.... what can you do?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

andreiRe: Two problems that haven't gone away
by on Jan 23, 2006 at 6:25:53 pm

the render stuff arrived because you prob. worked in preview mode...I think...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]