Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AUTODESK COMBUSTION:Autodesk Combustion ForumAutodesk Combustion TutorialsAutodesk CombustionAutodesk

Allegorithmic's MaP Time

COW Forums : Autodesk Combustion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Rene CoffeyAllegorithmic's MaP Time
by on Jul 23, 2005 at 12:48:21 pm

Any sign this will be made for combustion Mac user's?!

Rene

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

renderizerRe: Allegorithmic's MaP Time
by on Jul 23, 2005 at 2:24:23 pm

Can't tell about this particular plugin, but I'm afraid that us C* users will be out of the (AE) plugin game anyway if Autodesk(sic!) doesn't update Combustion to a more recent After Effects API.

A lot of the features found in newer AE plugin can't be accessed through the older version of the API that Combustion utilizes (which dates back to AE v4 or what), so the more interesting features are out of reach for us.

I really hope that Autodesk will change that with the next release (one can hope, right?)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rene CoffeyRe: Allegorithmic's MaP Time
by on Jul 23, 2005 at 5:15:15 pm

Why wouldn't/don't they?!!!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 23, 2005 at 7:47:35 pm

I really have no clue, but I believe they didn't update the API since v1.0.

And while it's a cool thing to have access to all those nice AE plugins, I think it's a shame that C* doesn't offer a proprietary API of it's own.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 24, 2005 at 8:06:55 am

I can't see the sense in it.

There must be some logic or reason..?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 24, 2005 at 1:50:04 pm

All that said...well, I have to confess that I misread your first post...you were originally asking for a Combustion compatible version on Mac, right?

Why don't you download the demo version for MacOS X 10.3: http://www.allegorithmic.com/v2/data/soft/MaPTimeDemo1_5.pkg.zip

And if you want to buy it straightaway: http://www.allegorithmic.com/store/buy_maptime_mac.htm

If I got you right, this should make you one happy man.

But what sent me into my API rant was that I'd absolutely love to see Trapcodes's Particluar plugin ported to C*: http://www.trapcode.com/products_particular.html

One day, maybe...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 24, 2005 at 2:04:35 pm

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 24, 2005 at 2:23:55 pm

Whoa...er...now that really got me...lol...giggle...shame on me. I'm begging your pardon...couldn't tell by looking at your name - I had two good friends by the name of Rene, and these were deceidedly male. Ahem.

As far as the compatibility list goes, I just skipped that and went straight for the download page...shoot-first-ask-second-mentality...sorry about that.

Why don't you contact Allegorithmic and ask them? They should know, and I'm sure they are willing to answer your question.

Good luck anyway. So let's hope then that they'll port the damn thing and make you a happy woman instead. ;^)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 24, 2005 at 2:52:47 pm

lol!

I'll write to them!

thanks,

Rene

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Keith HillRe: Allegorithmic's MaP Time
by on Jul 24, 2005 at 5:11:38 pm

I got some feedback from the company. The Founder/President was kind enough to get back to me. I wrote him back and gave him a link to this thread so he could give his feedback on this topic. I too would like to add this dynamic plug-in to my toolset be for Combustion, Final Cut or Motion.

We'll see.

Keith Hill
http://www.LightedPath.biz
Dallas, TX
Final Cut Pro 5.0.2, Combustion (MAC-v3.0.4), DVD StudioPro 4 (v 3.0.2); MAC G5 (v10.4.2-Tiger) 2Ghz, 1.5 RAM

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Lee 'Rod' RoderickRe: Allegorithmic's MaP Time
by on Jul 24, 2005 at 7:21:53 pm

Keith, Rene, renderizer and Cowmunity.-

Sorry to say that MaP Time only runs as an Adobe After Effects plugin under Mac...

At this time there is no Mac version for MaP Time as a plugin for combustion.

Currently there is a code issue with the mac version of combustion that can't be solved on the Allegorithmic side, believe me, if they could do it, they certainly would. Don't take it personally. Of course, if this changes, I'll let everyone know.

That aside, these guys are truly dedicated to combustion. So much so that more than half of the tutorials are are shown in the combustion GUI.

If anyone is interested in a Runaway Training discount on MaP Time, please contact me:
lee.roderick@runawaytraining.com

If you are a past or present Runaway customer, the MaP Time discount code will be emailed to you automatically this week. Enjoy.

L"R"R
http:/www.runawaytraining.com
5 Cow Industrial Strength Learning

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

SRe: Allegorithmic's MaP Time
by on Jul 24, 2005 at 10:31:56 pm

Hi there!

First, I'm glad to discover such a thread about MaP Time for Combustion! and happy to discover your interest in the product.

Speaking now of the MAC version of MaP Time for Combustion, as Lee and Keith did let you know, there is not such a version available for now...

I must say that we are quite disappointed by this, and still working on it, but I'm afraid this is something due to the compatibility between the (Mac)Combustion and After Effects SDKs... so we may have to wait for a new iteration before fixing the problem and releasing the product.

Anyway, thanks again for your interest, and Lee's right: one of our artists is a great Combustion fan ;)

Finally, don't hesitate to ask Lee for the discount code he's talking about, and don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any remarks/questions regarding MaP Time and some other Allegorithmic products...

Sincerely,

S

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 25, 2005 at 9:19:41 am

Thanks Lee and Sebastien.

It really looks like a great plug-in, hopefully Autodesk will address the plug-in issue.

In the meantime I may have to get AE !! :)

Actually Sebastien what are the chances of MaP Time being ported to Apple's Motion?

That would be great!

thanks

Rene

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

SRe: Allegorithmic's MaP Time
by on Jul 26, 2005 at 7:14:56 pm

We didn't investigate the version for Apple Motion very deeply. As a first test, it didn't work fine...

The Motion SDK is supposed to be "compatible" with the AE SDK, but we must say: it's not ;)

We don't have any plan for now speaking of Motion, but are looking at it carefully. It seems there's a great fit indeed between our approaches...

I'll let you know!

Thanks again for your interest!

DrD

Dr S

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]