Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE INDESIGN:HomeInDesign ForumInDesign TutorialsAdobe InDesign

Exporting PDF in Printing Pairs

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Daniel CoteExporting PDF in Printing Pairs
by on Feb 28, 2009 at 9:59:03 pm

A while back I was just playing around practicing InDesign by creating a book. I liked the way it turned out, and actually want to get this printed now.

Here's the bad news. Since I had no intentions of printing it before, I designed it as facing pages. Is there a way to export as a PDF so the pages are set in their printed pairs (40_01, 02_39, 03_38, etc)?

My first solution was to turn off Spreads when exporting so the printer could pair the pages manually, but I'm only getting this printed at a local print shop which does not use any proofing software and wouldn't be able to work with those files.

If all else fails, I can just recreate the document using exported PDF pages to pair the pages, but if this can be done just by checking a box somewhere, that would be a tremendous help. I'm currently using CS3 if that helps at all.
Thanks all.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

cecil Phillips-Rit heyRe: Exporting PDF in Printing Pairs
by on May 25, 2009 at 11:20:30 am

Didi you have any success in creating printer pairs in InDesign? You can create a booklet for printing directly but a pdf is not retained as far as I know.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

kirk tabalotnyRe: Exporting PDF in Printing Pairs
by on Sep 6, 2009 at 5:20:18 am

you'll probably find your solution in this article:
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1428025&page=3
Keep in mind the very last point - talk to your printer to find out what sort of duplexing technology they have. Printing a 'rough' version of your book at home, and taping the individual pages together to create a mock-up book is also a great idea - it helps ensure your printer understands exactly how the book is supposed to look when printed and bound (that way you can ensure they're on the same page as you. Get it?...)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

kirk tabalotnyRe: Exporting PDF in Printing Pairs
by on Sep 6, 2009 at 5:48:17 am

... this article is even more useful (step-by-step guide)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]