Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE INDESIGN:HomeInDesign ForumInDesign TutorialsAdobe InDesign

Place vector image

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
cow
Neil BradleyPlace vector image
by on Aug 22, 2007 at 2:56:24 am

New to In Design and need some advice.
I need to import a logo from Photoshop into In Design and retain the vector data.
The logo is made up of a couple of vector shapes and typography however when I use

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

thumbslingerRe: Place vector image
by on Aug 24, 2007 at 1:50:56 am

Your paths in Photoshop should be present in the Paths palette.

Have you tried placing the actual psd file or is it a tiff or eps file saved with paths?

Are you trying to use one of the paths as a clipping path inside of InDesign or just place the graphic?

It would be more bullet-proof to just rasterize the file and place that copy.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Neil BradleyRe: Place vector image
by on Aug 25, 2007 at 1:01:17 am

Im placing a PSD file with the paths intact. The graphic has two layers the first being typographic and the second a vector shape. I need the graphic to be vector sharp when its printed however I notice that the "type" I directly type into In Design and the type I place in are not of the same quality when I saved the entire file as a PDF ( when I look close up you can se that the placed type is rasterized and the "type" I typed remains crisp.
Playing with the programme yesterday I had more luck placing an EPS.
Thanks for you post. Im pouring over books at the mo to learn this programme and so far Im really pleased with what its allowing me to do however like any new process its proving slow going to start.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike GondekRe: Place vector image
by on Sep 20, 2007 at 7:14:44 pm

The answer to your question is within Phothoshop not InDesign. Save a copy of the file as either photoshop PDF or EPS. Both of those formats RIP vector data to postscript printers.

Any smart graphics, shapes layers will reproduce with vector quality. Remember in InDsign to do a option command H to change to high quality view, and your vector items will look SHARP and crisp.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]