Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE INDESIGN:HomeInDesign ForumInDesign TutorialsAdobe InDesign

Adobe GoLive CS2

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
SilvermanAdobe GoLive CS2
by on May 19, 2006 at 5:41:58 pm

I recently designed a web site using photoshop, I saved each page as a jpeg. then I went into Adoble Go live and using the text tool started adding all my linkable text. Does anyone know how to add a quicktime movie? I've tried linking text to the quicktime movie that I have in my bin but it doesn't work. Can anyone tell me the procedure of adding a movie file to a GoLive site?

Thank You,
Ryan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

thumbslingerRe: Adobe GoLive CS2
by on May 20, 2006 at 1:10:21 am

If you're linking to a .mov file, then a link is all you need. But, if you want to have part of your webpage an actual movie, then you need to click on the cell (I'm assuming you cut up your jpeg which made a table out of it so you could replace the area with the movie, right?)... and drag in the Quicktime icon from the tools palette. Then, just specify the size and link to the qt file in the Inspector palette and you're done.

I did http://www.donfriesen.com
the high-bandwidth version all in flash, but if you click on the video link, a separate window pops up with video clips. Just view that source and you'll see how it's placed in the file.

If you're just using a huge image map, then you can only just link to the Quicktime file externally unless you use javascript.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

cowcowcow
Ron LindeboomRe: Adobe GoLive CS2
by on May 20, 2006 at 4:02:54 pm

My wife, Kathlyn, has an article here in the Creative Cow tutorials library that shows how to do this. Because Creative Cow's forums mechanism uses standard HTML calls as its core, the rules are the same as you will find in this article linked here.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
creativecow.net

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ron LindeboomRe: Adobe GoLive CS2
by on May 20, 2006 at 4:06:26 pm

I forgot to mention that the article does not cover Flash but does cover Quicktime.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]