Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Convergent Design FlashXDR MXF files are Reat Time in Axio!

COW Forums : Matrox Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
David CherniackConvergent Design FlashXDR MXF files are Reat Time in Axio!
by on Mar 11, 2009 at 2:39:58 am

I was curious to see how the AxioHD would treat the MXF files from Convergent Design's latest wonder gizmos, FlashXDR and NanoFlash.

To quickly summarize what they do: they're solid state recorders that takes the SDI output from low cost cameras like the Sony EX series and recordsit to full 1920 mpeg2 MXF files, 4:2:2 at long gop and iFrame bit rates up to 160mbs, much better than the 4:2:0 25-35mbps of the HDV and EX native recording of the cameras. In the Nanoflash the unit is a little larger than a pack of smokes. There are quite a few SDI cameras now with full SDI out that bypasses the compression of the camera recorders.

C-D sent me a link to download a 50mbps long gop and 100 & 160 Mbps iframe files and I dropped them on a Matrox 1920 timeline.

The great news is that Axio sees the file as Matrox MXF. They play RT with Matrox RT effects. I stacked three layers at 50% opacity and played them without dropping a frame.

Very impressive!

David

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David CherniackRe: Convergent Design FlashXDR MXF files are Reat Time in Axio!
by on Mar 12, 2009 at 11:51:58 pm

I should have mentioned that this was in Pr CS4.01 with Axio 4.0. I didn't try CS3

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Lyn NorstadRe: Convergent Design FlashXDR MXF files are Reat Time in Axio!
by on Mar 13, 2009 at 6:59:29 pm

Same here ... Axio LE.

Regards,

Lyn Norstad
Chicagoland, USA

Co-host of CreativeCOW forums:

Matrox Video Systems
Leitch dpsVelocity

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook