New Matrox LE system
by Erik Davis on Jun 1, 2008 at 2:02:48 pm
Not sure if this is a Matrox question or an Adobe Premier question so I will cross post. I have a brand new HP Workstation Matrox LE with Adobe CS3. This system was built by Lyn Norstad and is of course certified. I have moved overseas and now live in Israel and am in the process of setting up my edit system here. Despite having most of the edit bay configured I have one big problem. I can't get any video out of my Axio LE Breakout Box.
Of course I am completely brand new to both Matrox Axio and Adobe Premier so this could be a classic stupid newbie problem.
I have opened in Premier a timeline with the Matrox LE Demo video with the Asian drummers. I can see both video and audio playback on the computer screen in Adobe premiere and everything appears normal to me there.
I have my Matrox multi-pin from the BOB properly plugged into the back of the HP workstation and have three BNC cables labled SD1out and SD2out and SDin properly connected as well. I have a simple component Sony monitor with the component out of the Matrox breakout box to the component in of the Sony monitor. I also have the a composite BNC on the composite out of the breakout box going to the Sony monitor composite input.
I do not get any visual output on the Sony monitor (and I have tried another monitor to be safe) for either composite or component and both inputs flash "no sync" when I touch the input buttons.
I have plugged in headphones to the "audio preview" and can here the audio from the timeline playing fine. But when I take XLR L-R output from the Axio Breakout Box and run into XLR L-R input of the Sony PVW-2800 while in EE mode, I get no audio level into the machine.
The fact that I can't get any audio or video out of the breakout box leads me to believe that I must be doing something wrong. I don't currently have anything connected to ref in but I have tried sending a reference from the 2800 to the breakout box but it did not have any effect.
I remember Lyn showing me how to set the reference to internal within a software setting but I can't remember where that setting was. In theory it should still be set to internal as that was how we left it when demonstrating in Chicago.
I am kinda of against a deadline here as I told my client I expected to be up and running by June 1st. This is important because I took around 65 days off to take care of the move overseas.