Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Good ol' rt.x100 and Premiere Elements

COW Forums : Matrox Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Lee O.Good ol' rt.x100 and Premiere Elements
by on Aug 24, 2006 at 3:03:10 am

Anyone know if the tried and true rt.x100, and the software/drivers/plug-ins that come with it, will work with Premiere Elements?

My girlfriend is a librarian at a local middle school, and the school has a license for Premiere Elements, and needs a decent editing card. I have the rt.x100 with the package that includes Premiere Pro 1.5, Encore, and Audition, and I still love it, but now they only sell the rt.x100 as hardware only. Worst case, the school can just buy Premiere Pro 2.0 at the educational price, but I'd rather them have Elements since it's simpler to use and they already own it.

So yeah, anyone know if Premiere Elements can use the real time features of the rt.x100 like Pro can?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aaron StraderRe: Good ol' rt.x100 and Premiere Elements
by on Aug 24, 2006 at 2:39:59 pm

Nope, it's designed to work exclusively with the full versions of Premiere Pro.

There would be a lot of functionality missing if it were compatible, so be glad it's not.
I'd go the educational license route, or check and see what your cost is to upgrade from Elements. There's also the option of purchasing a kit off of ebay too.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

leeoverstreetRe: Good ol' rt.x100 and Premiere Elements
by on Aug 25, 2006 at 3:27:19 am

Thanks! Your response was faster than Matrox's. :-)

The educational license for Pro 2.0 is $280 from academicsuperstore.com, so we'll go with that plus the rt.x100 card. That's more power than they need anyway. Hopefully, 768MB RAM will suffice.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]