Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Matrox Axio slow down my work (with Premiere Pro).

COW Forums : Matrox Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
PaoloMatrox Axio slow down my work (with Premiere Pro).
by on Sep 24, 2005 at 7:33:14 am

I have a Discreet Edit system and i'm very impressed for the power of Matrox Axio system.
So, i try to work with Premiere Pro (on a system without specific hardware) and i found that PP slow down my productivity because it not have some keyboard shortcuts for basic editing.
For example: select a bin window (or cycle through all open bin windows), select a clip, load into source viewer, set in point, set out point, select timeline window (or cycle through all open timelines windows), deselect all tracks (including audio tracks), select a video track (no cycle through all video traks but select the desired video track), record the clip in the timeline ALL THIS WITHOUT A SINGLE MOUSE CLICK.

Is possible to make this with PP? If is not, a Matrox Axio system, even with that power, slow down too much my work.
I'm an editor and first of all i need a solid and fast edit system, not a effect system. My work is not make a blur for the 95% of my time, my work is make pure editing for 95%.

I hope that Adobe make PP a very editing program with version 2.
If this happen i buy at least one Matrox Axio system, immediately.

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob GloverRe: Matrox Axio slow down my work (with Premiere Pro).
by on Sep 24, 2005 at 10:57:58 am

Hi Paolo,

Use down and up arrows to sroll thru bins.

I double click on clip to load in source window.

JKL to play fwd back etc.
I for in O for out
, or . to send to timeline Iinsert or overwrite)
Space bar to play.

I use a combo of mouse and keyboard (it is a computer).

You may have to adjust your workflow slightly to use PPro (or FCP or AVid ro Veags) but in the end it is editing.

bob

Bob Glover
Edit Solutions
Perth Western Australia

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

PaoloRe: Matrox Axio slow down my work (with Premiere Pro).
by on Sep 24, 2005 at 11:20:16 am

Thanks for the response, but i miss some keyboard shortcut, is possible with keyboard make this operation with Premiere Pro?

- select (focus on) bin
- select (focus on) source viewer
- select (focus on) timeline
- deselect all tracks on the timeline
- select all tracks on the timeline
- select one track (es. CRTL+4 to select video track 4, SHIFT+4 to select audio track 4) on the timeline

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Larry SherwoodRe: Matrox Axio slow down my work (with Premiere Pro).
by on Sep 24, 2005 at 3:32:56 pm

- select (focus on) bin
- select (focus on) source viewer
- select (focus on) timeline
- deselect all tracks on the timeline
- select all tracks on the timeline
- select one track (es. CRTL+4 to select video track 4, SHIFT+4 to select audio track 4) on the timeline

CTRL+TAB moves focus between the windows

There is no need in PPro to select more than 1 track, an Insert edit on an active track will ripple other tracks with video automatically. I usually have my V1 track active, if I want to make another video track active use CTRL+= to make a higher track active or CTRL+- to make a lower track active. For audio CTRL+SHIFT+= or CTRL+SHIFT+- will move active track lower or higher.

I am working with Adobe to try and get more of the Edit keystrokes into PPro but for now it does allow me to work ALMOST as fast as I can on my beloved Edit. With all the additional real time available on my Axio, even though the keystrokes are not all there, the lack of rendering has me working just as fast, if not faster, than on my Edit system.
Hope this helps.

LS

Larry Sherwood
Sherwood Post Production
Austin, Texas
512 219-8721
larry@sherwoodpost.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS