Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Matrox RT....

COW Forums : Matrox Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
VinnieMatrox RT....
by on Jun 23, 2005 at 9:10:12 pm

I currently use the Matrox RT for input and output from a BetaSX deck into my mac that runs FCP 4.

I am not pleased with the quality of the video that I am getting out of the Matrox. Is there another option for my situation. I am not familiar with Matrox so I apologize if I am way out of line.

vinnie

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

R. HewittRe: Matrox RT....
by on Jun 24, 2005 at 1:59:37 pm

You could try a Black Magic's DeckLink card. We use this for its SDI input from a DigiBeta deck. Qualty is superb but there is no hardware acceleration.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

VinnieRe: Matrox RT....
by on Jun 24, 2005 at 2:33:51 pm

Thanks I will check it out. BTW, does the MatroxRT have hardware acceleration?

vinnie

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

R HewittRe: Matrox RT....
by on Jun 25, 2005 at 10:10:50 pm

It does indeed. It replicates most of Premier Pro's effects while adding many more such as realtime colour correction, DVE, and realtime MPEG2 output to tape. It's soon to be replaced by the Matrox Axio card that adds far greater processing power. Checkout the Matrox forum on the Cow for more info.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aaron StraderRe: Matrox RT....
by on Jun 28, 2005 at 12:17:38 am

I wouldn't count the RTX series out for the count yet.

Looking at all the specs for the Axio, there's no support on paper for HDV. I know Matrox has intentions on supporting HDV later on, on the Axio platform. But they've always had room for a dual platform market. If they're not outright denying a new HDV product to replace the X100 in the future, I wouldn't count the Axio as the end all be all of their product line. It's just the next step up for Digisuite users.

I would imagine the X100/RTMac people will get their product in due time.
And for that specific set, the options that the RT's have provided have been excellent.

I, for one, am very excited about the Axio. We get our Demo Unit later this week, and I'm going to probably spend the next 5 weeks parked in front of it everyday... I am going to break my brain over this thing.

Aaron Strader
Adobe Certified Expert - Premiere Pro
Biway Media, Inc.
http://www.biwaymedia.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

michael webbRe: Matrox RT....
by on Jun 27, 2005 at 8:47:12 pm

when the Matrox RTmac for FCP/OS9 came out it did offer hardware acceleration and RT preview outputs. But Apple enhanced up FCP so that the RT mac was redundunt to most people, what hardware acceleration the RTmac offered was equaled in the FCP software. the RT mac is a DV product and was never really intended to be used extensivly in a SDI quality environment.
For SDI IO the Blackmagick and Aja IO products work well but they offer no hardware acceleration over and above what FCP does nativly(which is quite a bit)

the Matrox Axio is a PC/wintel turnkey soulution for HD work. not a replacement for your RTmac. but definatly worth looking at

Michael Webb
Training / Support
Apple Certified Technician Digital Video / Xsan for Video
Microsearch, Houston Texas
713-988-2818
------------
Michael Webb
Editor/Videographer
Post Squared

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

VinnieRe: Matrox RT....
by on Jun 28, 2005 at 2:26:13 pm

Thanks for all your help. I have been looking at the Black Magic option and it might be the best fit for my situation. But nothings been ordered yet so who knows.

Thanks for all you help everyone.

vinnie

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]