Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Combustion 4 and Digisuite LE, anyone?

COW Forums : Matrox Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mark HollowayCombustion 4 and Digisuite LE, anyone?
by on May 18, 2005 at 1:43:49 am

I remember reading people having some issues where Combustion 3 wouldn't read Digisuite encoded video files nor could it render to a Matrox encoded format. Is this still the case with Combustion 4? Anyone?

Thanks,
Mark

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ken AdolphRe: Combustion 4 and Digisuite LE, anyone?
by on May 18, 2005 at 2:09:41 am

We have been using Combustion with matrox/speedrazor for years and have never had a problem with any of the cgi we have created. What problems are you seeing in 3.

Ken Adolph
Media Group
Editor/Post Supervisor
http://www.mg.ca

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark HollowayRe: Combustion 4 and Digisuite LE, anyone?
by on May 18, 2005 at 5:59:51 am

Hi Ken. I'm not having a problem as I don't own a Digisuite yet. I'm thinking of buying a used one to add to my workstation for the purpose of using it with Combustion as a framebuffer for real time previewing. Maybe you wouldn't mind answering a couple questions?

1) Can you do a Quick Capture inside Combustion with the Digisuite?
2) Have ever used the Edit in Combustion just to through a couple clips together?

The "issue" about the rendering is posted on Discreet's knowledgebase, but I'm thinking this pertains to something about Combustion/Edit systems, which would be irrelevant these days. Basically the "issue" was one could not render a Combustion workspace as a Matrox MJPEG AVI because it would be corrupted. Worst case scenario I suppose one could render as a TGA sequence and use Digitools (or Speed Razor, if applicable) to convert the image sequence to an AVI.

Thanks for the response!
Mark

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]