Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Worhshop xpress MENU

COW Forums : DVD Workshop, Ulead

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
hojomanWorhshop xpress MENU
by on Jan 13, 2006 at 4:20:35 pm

Can anyone tell me if its possible to save a Menu created within Worshop using their prefined files with 'ufo'prefix or as adjusted by user as a jpeg or textfile so that I may create it as part of the DVD Cover

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Terje A. BergesenRe: Worhshop xpress MENU
by on Jan 14, 2006 at 4:57:11 pm

I don't think you can do this in DVD WS, which gives you a few options I think.

The first is to screen grab the menu from within DVD WS. You have the menu open, and press Alt+PrtScn which copies your current window to the clipboard, then you can paste this into your favorite paint program. This requires that you have a screen resolution that shows the entire menu in full resolution to get the best possible copy. In other words, your screen will probably have to be set at 1280x1024 or better. With lower resoultion the menu image will probably be downscaled and not at full resoultuion (720x480 for NTSC).

An alternative, if you have a video editor that supports it, is to generate your DVD and then import the menu VOB into your video editor. The menu VOBs are usually straightforward to identify, they are much smaller than the main movie VOB. From most video editors you can export the screenshot as an image.

Finally, if your video editor doesn't support importing VOBs you can use one of the conversion tools available on the web to convert your VOB into a video file you can use (avi, mpeg) import that file into your video editor and export.

--
Terje A. Bergesen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

hojomanRe: Worhshop xpress MENU
by on Jan 18, 2006 at 10:52:10 am

Many thanks Terje,

After a little while finding the Printscr key I managed to paste the file into Paintshop and deleted the unnecessary areas of the image.

What I hadn't considered as an alternative which also works is to burn the DVD and play it back on a settop player linked back into my camcorder. Hence I can capture the menu as an avi file for bringing back to my editing progamme and saving from there as a jpeg file.

An interesting lesson for a newcomer.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]