Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Framerate madness

COW Forums : HD High-End

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
sacciFramerate madness
by on Apr 10, 2006 at 10:26:46 pm

Can someone please help me out

I have a mutlicam HD concerts shoot on (6) cameras

All captured to sony decks that they are now telling me were set to 1080i 60i but I have captured everything (54 hours of tape) with DVCProHD 1080i 29.97.

I plan to deliver the concerts on SD Digibeta 29.97.

One problem we seem to have is a couple of cameras seem to be out of sync a couple of frames with a multiclip.

I'm I screwed?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

john sharafRe: Framerate madness
by on Apr 10, 2006 at 11:24:37 pm

Sacci,

If that's correct that the recordind was made at 60i (as opposed to 59.94) then you are in fact screwed, sound will be out of sync! Fix will involve stretching sound to fit; if lots of long takes this may be possible, if short takes - your SOOL.

JS

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

sacciRe: Framerate madness
by on Apr 13, 2006 at 8:23:23 pm

this has got to be the most confusing thing that I have evey done. Concerts are 47 minutes and will basically have 3 or 4 breaks in them. There doesn't seem to be any problems with the audio that was captured with the video but we will be replacing that with mixed audio record separately. SD DVDs seem to be playing back okay as far as framerate and field order so I'm holding my breath.

The biggest lesson I learned is there needs to be A LOT more communication between a lot more people before the cameras roll!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

BorjisRe: Framerate madness
by on Apr 14, 2006 at 5:14:02 pm

[sacci] "The biggest lesson I learned is there needs to be A LOT more communication between a lot more people before the cameras roll!"

The very words I live by!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]