Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Decklink Driver 9.6.1 - B.S.O.D. Blue Screen crash - "BAD_POOL_CALLER"

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bo HigbeeDecklink Driver 9.6.1 - B.S.O.D. Blue Screen crash - "BAD_POOL_CALLER"
by on Aug 17, 2012 at 4:44:10 pm

Trying to use my BMD Decklink SP PCIe card and cable.

It works fine in Windows 7 64bit with BMD Decklink driver 9.5.3 in Premiere Pro CS5.5, but when I try to install BMD Driver 9.6.1 all I get is windows BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH crash / hang.

Message on BSOD screen is something like "Bad_Pool_Caller" ... or possibly "Bad_Pool_Header" - don't remember, but it's one of those two quotes.

Driver component in "Audio Hardware list" never goes in correctly and is always rejected as it says it's not Digitally Signed.

I know another person who has my old Decklink Extreme PCIe card and he has the same crashing issues.

Need driver 9.6.1 in PPro CS6 for closed captions and performance issues.

Help ! ... can't install Premiere Pro CS6 with driver 9.6.1 for until issue is resolved.

TIA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Yasser AminRe: Decklink Driver 9.6.1 - B.S.O.D. Blue Screen crash - "BAD_POOL_CALLER"
by on Aug 19, 2012 at 2:55:44 pm

+1

exactly the same problem with Decklink Extreme

any help

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nguyen Van SonRe: Decklink Driver 9.6.1 - B.S.O.D. Blue Screen crash - "BAD_POOL_CALLER"
by on Aug 19, 2012 at 4:54:28 pm

Same here with Decklink SP PCIe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bo HigbeeRe: Decklink Driver 9.6.1 - B.S.O.D. Blue Screen crash - "BAD_POOL_CALLER"
by on Aug 23, 2012 at 9:14:19 pm

The silence here is deafening.

Any updates for this issue yet?

TIA

PC info: DG965WH mobo, Q6600 cpu, 8gb ram, Win7 64, NVidia GTX560, 4 drive Raid @ 280 to 310 Mb/sec. I'm a PC builder, and PC repair tech.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bo HigbeeRe: Decklink Driver 9.6.1 - B.S.O.D. Blue Screen crash - "BAD_POOL_HEADER"
by on Aug 25, 2012 at 3:35:39 pm

Tried several times today to install driver 9.6.1 ... no go.

... just BSOD and system hang.

Message is "BAD_POOL_HEADER" in BSOB screen ... not BAD_POOL_CALLER as previously posted.

Tried adjusting BIOS settings, but have no PCI Express power settings in my BIOS.

Oh, what is one to do with their Decklink SP PCIe board when they want to use Premiere CS6 ... which needs driver 9.6.1 to work correctly ?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bo HigbeeRe: Decklink Driver 9.6.1 - B.S.O.D. Blue Screen crash - "BAD_POOL_HEADER"
by on Aug 28, 2012 at 12:55:22 pm

Rebuilt my PC yesterday with fresh Windows 7 64bit + w/SP1

and tried BMD driver 9.6.1 again on a virgin build .... with my Decklink SP PCIe card.

RESULT:

BSOD crash again with "BAD_POOL_HEADER" message at top of screen.

Works with driver 9.5.3, but can't use PPro CS6 which needs driver 9.6.1 for performance issue.

eom.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dean AndersonRe: Decklink Driver 9.6.1 - B.S.O.D. Blue Screen crash - "BAD_POOL_HEADER"
by on Aug 29, 2012 at 12:37:35 pm

I am having the same problem, except mine is a new intall of Decklink SDI. I can't get the card to work with the 9.6.1 driver, but when I try to roll back the drivers, I get an install error. So I am dead in the water.

So I tried installing the Decklink in my other computer and it works. But I can't use the other computer because it isn't really built for video. So I have BMD support telling me that the card is fine, and so is the driver because I was able to get it working on the other computer.

The only difference I can determine is that the computer that it worked on is Windows 7 pro, with Service Pack 1 installed, the computer that I need it to work on is Windows 7 Ultimate without SP1 installed. I am going to try to install SP1 on the other computer later today. I don't really care about driver 9.6.1, i just need to get a SDI signal in.

Anyone have any ideas about how to roll back the driver? I tried uninstalling and then installing older drivers, and then I tried installing the new, then installing the old over the top, same error.

Thanks,
Dean Anderson

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 29, 2012 at 3:34:13 pm

I wouldn't "roll back" the driver ... n'or would I install driver over another driver. That just ads to the problem.

Un-install the driver and re-boot PC one or two times to flush temp files hung in pc ... then, install next driver.

I would un-install driver BEFORE installing your SP1 just to have a fresh starting point.

I have a Decklink SDI also and it works fine with my PC (older Intel 965 chipset) with driver 9.6.1, but I need component YUV output with XLR audio to my Sony UVW-1800 deck for broadcast ... and so I'm using a Decklink SP PCIe card ... which, BTW, is listed on BMD driver page as compatible with 9.6.1 .... NOT! ... at least not on my PC.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dean AndersonRe: Decklink Driver 9.6.1 - B.S.O.D. Blue Screen crash - "BAD_POOL_HEADER"
by on Aug 29, 2012 at 3:43:08 pm

Thanks for the info. That makes sense to do a couple of reboots, I had never thought of that. I will give that a try as soon as possible. Would you recommend uninstalling the hardware first?

Thanks,
Dean Anderson

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Sep 10, 2012 at 8:39:09 pm

I see they have a new driver, version 9.6.4 out today. I plan on giving that a try tomorrow. Has anyone else had success with the new driver?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bo HigbeeRe: Decklink Driver 9.6.1 - B.S.O.D. Blue Screen crash - "The Device Cannot Start" (Code 10)
by on Sep 11, 2012 at 5:20:44 pm

Driver 9.6.4 installs, but not fully ... there is no B.S.O.D. though,

... but, it doesn't work for me. Card does not start.

Driver message = "The Device Cannot Start" (Code 10)

My Hardware:
Decklink SP PCIe card, mobo = Intel 965 chipset, Q6600 cpu @ 2.4Ghz, NVidia GTX 560 1GB, 8GB ram, Raid 0 @ 280-300mb/sec, USB 3.0 card with NEC chipset with latest Reneasis driver.

Software: PremierePro CS5.5 (can't use PPro CS6 until driver is fixed) ... no other software.

This is getting tedious.... going back back to driver 9.5.3

eom.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dean AndersonRe: Decklink Driver 9.6.1 - B.S.O.D. Blue Screen crash - "The Device Cannot Start" (Code 10)
by on Sep 12, 2012 at 2:07:20 pm

This new driver seemed to fix the problem for me. The other thing that I did was to change my "Power Options" to "High Performance." I noticed my PCI Express was in energy saving mode, so I changed that and installed the new driver and no blue screen, just pristine video.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Yasser AminRe: Decklink Driver 9.6.1 - B.S.O.D. Blue Screen crash - "The Device Cannot Start" (Code 10)
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 1:11:39 pm

Try to install 9.6.4 with Decklink Extreme PCI but get Blue screen

the last working driver is 9.5.3

did it the end of this card ?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nguyen Van SonRe: Decklink Driver 9.6.1 - B.S.O.D. Blue Screen crash - "The Device Cannot Start" (Code 10)
by on Oct 14, 2012 at 5:07:36 pm

9.6.5 installed fine but Premiere Pro CS6 can't read the card and doesn't have blackmagic player option and all the parameters in Black Magic Control Panel are grey out.
Decklink HD Extreme 2 and Intensity Pro work fine on the same computer with the same driver and softwares.
Black Magic Design pls confirm if Decklink SP PCIe could be able to work with CS6 or not.
Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]