Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Premiere CS6 + DeckLink HD Extreme 2 = No external monitoring

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Tore JonssenPremiere CS6 + DeckLink HD Extreme 2 = No external monitoring
by on Aug 1, 2012 at 10:38:36 am

Has anyone succeded in using DeckLink HD Extreme 2 with Premiere Pro CS6? The card works well with FCP7, After Effects and virtually any other application I throw at it, except for PP CS6. I have tried deinstalling, reinstalling CS6 (Cloud subscribtion), including using the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, but without any luck. In some installations, the closest I get to Premiere Pro even recognizing the BM card is that it pops up under "Video Device". But by checking it, nothing happens.
All I get under the column for "Default Player" is "Adobe Player", nothing else. Not having external monitoring might keep me from making the switch to PP....any ideas?

Regards,
Tore Jonssen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alexander RiveraRe: Premiere CS6 + DeckLink HD Extreme 2 = No external monitoring
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 9:45:26 am

Having the same problem here. After Effects, Nuke and Avid are working just fine but I do not get video out in premiere. I do get audio through the hdmi to my monitor.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tore JonssenRe: Premiere CS6 + DeckLink HD Extreme 2 = No external monitoring
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 10:10:49 am

Me too. BlackMagic Audio out through analogue XLRs work fine. But video doesn't

Regards,
Tore Jonssen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alexander RiveraRe: Premiere CS6 + DeckLink HD Extreme 2 = No external monitoring
by on Aug 5, 2012 at 2:12:06 am

I did the manual plugin install and Black Magic Editing Mode.XML as well as the presets but no Blackmagic monitor output in preferences. Tried the drivers that came with the card 9.5.2, 9.5.3 and 9.6.1.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 6, 2012 at 12:42:04 am

Just for clarity sake I am using the Decklink HD Extreme 3D+. Working great so far with the Avid Media Composser. Tried a couple stereo timeline and monitoring on my Pana monitor is great. If I can get Premiere working that would be a bonus as sometime we use that in smaller projects.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 8, 2012 at 3:25:35 am

I spoke to Tech Support yesterday and after our conversation I got an email from him with some instructions.

After playing around a bit these are my findings. Apparently the BDMTransmit.prm which is the playback plugin is sensitive to location.

The following files are the files that I contain all the necesary plugins for CS6 to work:
BMDDeviceControl.prm
BMDImport.prm
BMDExport.prm
BMDRecord.prm
BMDTransmit.prm (CS6 only)

When I tried installing these into the Plugins directory of my CS6 application I could not get the output to work. My CS6 installation was not on the C:\ Drive.

Per the information on the email installer would normally install the plugins in the following default location;

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plugin-ins\CS6\MediaCore

So if you go to, C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\Blackmagic Desktop Video\Premier Support\6.0, all the files will be located there.

You will manually move those files over to the Mediacore folder in the C:\ Drive (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plugin-ins\CS6\MediaCore)

And Voila! it worked.

-Alexander

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 8, 2012 at 10:53:37 am

Thanks Alexander, but it seems like you´re on a PC while I´m on a Mac. I´m afraid to mess things up if I don´t move the correct files to the right place. Any ideas?

Regards,
Tore Jonssen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 18, 2012 at 5:31:52 pm

Since I'm not on the Mac I wouldn't know where things should go. All I can say is talk to BM support and see if they can send you the information on the correct location for the installation files and go from there.

Good Luck,
-Alexander

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David BecerraRe: Premiere CS6 + DeckLink HD Extreme 2 = No external monitoring
by on Oct 17, 2012 at 10:03:12 pm

Hey Tore, I just ran into this issue myself and managed to resolve it. Basically, it takes what Alex already mentioned but in Mac Lingo...here we go:

Go to:

Macintosh HD / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Common / Plug-ins / CS6 / MediaCore

...Then also open this folder...

Macintosh HD / Library / Application Support / Blackmagic Design / Blackmagic DeckLink / CS6

Take the 5 files in the Blackmagic folder:

DeckLinkDevice.bundle
DeckLinkFileImport.bundle
DeckLinkImportExport.plugin
DeckLinkRecord.bundle
DeckLinkTransmit.bundle

And copy those to your open CS6 / MediaCore folder.

Once you have those 5 files in the MediaCore folder, launch Premiere.

After Premiere launches, go to your Playback preferences and checkmark Blackmagic Playback.

**If your system config was anything like mine, your monitor will probably blank out now and say "signal lost" or similar error....don't panic.

At this point, make sure you have an image to display on your monitor and go to System Preferences and then to Blackmagic Design.

Once there, switch Set output: from SDI & HDMI & Component to SDI & HDMI & Composite (Y Out). You should see your screen come on and looking pretty nasty.

Now cycle back to the original SDI & HDMI & Component and boom. You should be up and running.

Hopefully soon we can get an official fix from Adobe on this.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David BecerraRe: Premiere CS6 + DeckLink HD Extreme 2 = No external monitoring
by on Oct 17, 2012 at 10:21:44 pm

*UPDATE*

Sorry, false hope. This method works simply for SD. Once I tried some HD content, the card shut down output to the monitor. I'm running only component cables from my Blackmagic card. I'd like to know from someone running HDMI if it's working for them. I'll do some more testing tomorrow...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 18, 2012 at 6:38:53 am

I have actually managed to (kind of) solve the issue, by making interlaced timelines, even though my source material is progressive. BM output is set to 1080i (I'm in PAL land). The guys at Adobe say the BM cards are very picky and not easy to overrun by choosing different output from PP than what the card is set to

Regards,
Tore Jonssen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jazbo GrossRe: Premiere CS6 + DeckLink HD Extreme 2 = No external monitoring
by on Nov 27, 2012 at 11:37:03 am

Any news on this issue?
I am having the same problem. I get sound consistently, but it seems that picture will only send to my monitor when choosing the BlackMagic sequence present in Premiere. First of all I would rather edit my .MXF files natively and secondly, I'm working with files that come with 4 or 8 audio channels and I usually have to output .MXF files with 4 audio channels.
I have tried modifying the BlackMagic preset i Premiere, only touching the audio settings and leaving everything else as is, resulting in no picture on monitor again. Because of this, I have been wondering if this problem somehow has to do with my BlackMagic card not being able to handle anything but stereo audio, but that seems strange too because the audio comes through fine. Only the picture on monitor seems to be affected by the changes made to the audio settings.

I'm on a Mac 10.8.2, DeckLink Studio 9.6.6, connecting to a JVC HD monitor with SDI cable.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 27, 2012 at 5:35:16 pm

Ended up choosing interlaced sequence presets instead of progressive. That gives me output through BM (which outputs 1080i). Seems BlackMagic cards are a bit picky on what kind of input they get from Premiere.

Regards,
Tore Jonssen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Marc FisherRe: Premiere CS6 + DeckLink HD Extreme 2 = No external monitoring
by on Jul 26, 2013 at 7:26:53 am

it looks like this..

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS