Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Premiere Pro CS6 and Red with Intensity Pro?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Chris ConleePremiere Pro CS6 and Red with Intensity Pro?
by on Jul 7, 2012 at 12:19:37 am

Hello Everybody,

I'm primarily an Avid editor and have been using a Matrox MXO2 Mini Max since Media Composer 5 was released and have generally been very happy with it. Unfortunately, with the release of MC 6.x, the Matrox has become almost unusable when trimming with audio scrub enabled.

So today I bit the bullet and purchased an Intensity Pro card which other Avid editors have said is much better for trimming in Avid. Particularly with audio scrub enabled.

Indeed, the Intensity Pro seems to work a treat in Media Composer 6.0.1.1 and I was happy as a clam until about an hour ago...

That's when I jumped over to Premiere Pro CS6 and tried to work in a native 5k Red project that previously had been working smooth as butter with the Matrox box. Guess what? No video output whatsoever.

I was able, after MUCH fiddling around, to get video output if I created a 1080p timeline and copied my 5k sequence into it. However, this doesn't allow me to view my source side footage on my client monitor. Surely I'm just doing something wrong, right? I had no issues whatsoever with the Matrox Mini Max, it just worked no matter what I threw on the timeline in CS6 it appeared at the client monitor. AND I could view all my material from the source monitor as well.

Sigh. Since I do 95% of my editing in Media Composer, the Intensity is definitely better there, and I'm inclined to keep it. But, the other 5% of the time I'd like to be able to use CS6 to it's full potential, and the Matrox box seems to be HEADS and SHOULDERS better in CS6.

Maybe I sell them both and migrate to AJA. Perhaps THAT's the panacea?

Somebody please tell me I have a setting wrong someplace?

Chris Conlee
MacPro 4,1
24Gb RAM
GTX 285 (CUDA 4.2.10)
Intensity Pro
CS6


Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ralph McCarronRe: Premiere Pro CS6 and Red with Intensity Pro?
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 3:38:08 am

Did you ever gei it to work in Premiere?



Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris ConleeRe: Premiere Pro CS6 and Red with Intensity Pro?
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 1:32:40 pm

Not the way I'd like it to. I'm being led to believe that since the Intensity line doesn't have any hardware scaling capabilities(?) it won't play back anything other than video resolutions in Premiere Pro. For Premiere, I'd recommend the Matrox Mini. It worked awesome.

For Media Composer, I'd recommend the Intensity, at least until Matrox and/or Avid get their driver situation figured out.

Chris Conlee


Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook


FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]