Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Thunderbolt is a good idea but...

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mel FelicianoThunderbolt is a good idea but...
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 5:08:33 am

I was going to put Teranex on the subject line but I noticed that people on this forums get bored just by hearing that name.

Am I the only one exited about this product? It is been advertised as a "high end capture and playback solution" for the main NLEs, including Final Cut Pro X. I like the fact that it includes a thunderbolt port for this purpose, but I think that it should have included a second port for "daisy-chaining". The other thing missing is a way to connect it to a Desktop workstation (PC/MAC) like the Multibridge does with the PCI Express connector. Now we have to wait for the new generation of workstations with built-in thunderbolt ports to start shipping.

Grant... Is there any chance to include this features to the Teranex before it start shipping? What I like about your Company is that you guys move fast. Look what you have accomplished in a short period of time, since the acquisition of Davinci and Teranex. Thank you for listening and making these tools available to us at a price we can afford.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bernhard GriningerRe: Thunderbolt is a good idea but...
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 3:36:49 pm

[Mel Feliciano] "Am I the only one exited about this product?"

Hello Mel! No, You aren't the only one who is excited!!!

Thought I hoped for a product more like the Matrox CompressHD board
(Teranex Mini in PCI-E form factor) for F I L E – B A S E D PROCESSING,
I find the new BMD Teranex very well designed and very affordable.
It has the spirit of democracy in it!

BMD's concept of making Teranex rack-able Thunderbolt I/O devices is really great and future proofed,
thought a second port for daisy chaining would be reasonable!
Thunderbolt also does have more than enough bandwidth for F I L E – B A S E D PROCESSING.

Starting a small app; set HW in well designed interface up; Quicktime file in; processed quicktime file out!

F I L E – B A S E D PROCESSING is an absolute must have for such a device in the 21st century!
Can't believe the other vendors still don't have options for that on their boards with HW-scalers...

F I L E – B A S E D PROCESSING means:

Starting a small app; set HW up; Quicktime file in; processed quicktime file out!

That is F I L E – B A S E D PROCESSING !

Best regards,
Bernhard

PS: Have I mentioned that I would like to see
F I L E – B A S E D PROCESSING
on BMD's Teranex products? :-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy