Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Thinking About Building a Cinema Camera Rig

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Matthew SonnenfeldThinking About Building a Cinema Camera Rig
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:57:01 pm

So I will probably be placing my pre-order for the Blackmagic Cinema Camera from B&H within the next couple days and I am trying to think what would be the best way to spec it out with accessories to make the most out of it. The design looks to me like it lends itself to being at the heart of what can be a very small, or a very large and elaborate rig.

For me, a major thing is having a viewfinder. I would love to add a Zacuto EVF but to get to the HDMI, I would need to convert the SDI signal. So i was thinking about the SDI to HDMI Battery Converter that was just announced and running from their to the EVF. There should be no problems running this sort of system right? Does anyone know of any good ways to mount something like a mini converter to a camera while still keeping the package relatively small?

Power to the whole rig could come through Remote Audio BDSv4 battery distribution system connected to Anton Bauer batteries or anything with that style of connection. That would keep the camera and mini converter going and then there will always be the internal batteries when necessary.

Any other ways that people are thinking of building their future Cinema Camera set up? Would love to hear a few suggestions/ideas!

Panasonic HPX170, Canon 7D
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 8GB RAM
AJA IoXT
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5, Final Cut Pro Studio 3, Avid Media Composer 3.5.4
The College of William and Mary

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

olof ekberghRe: Thinking About Building a Cinema Camera Rig
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 10:16:29 pm

I will definitely be building a rig for this really innovative camera.

Initially I will be using my NanoFlash to convert to hdmi and I have both the SmallHD and Zakuto EVF.

I will also incorporate IDX/AB brick power for balance.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]