Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Decklink Drivers

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Marc LucasDecklink Drivers
by on Apr 7, 2012 at 3:37:55 pm

I can't find any driver download page on the BM Website. I have a Decklink Studio card and currently running 7.9.6 of the software but having loads on crashes with FCP6 when using various file types (TGA, TIFF and also when trying to freeze part of a Livetype file in the viewer) Is there a more unto date driver version available?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris PearseRe: Decklink Drivers
by on Apr 9, 2012 at 12:25:09 am

Hi Marc,

There are newer drivers available. These can be found through the support pages on the website. You can find these here

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/

You will just need to select your operating system and product from the dropdown boxes. You should then have a link for the current 9.2 driver, and to the driver archive.

However I couldn't say whether these would necessarily solve the problems you are seeing. The driver version you currently have was the last to officially support FCP6.

You can of course also call your regional support office using the numbers on the following page

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/company/

Or you can send a support request using the support form using from the support pages.

Chris Pearse
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Marc LucasRe: Decklink Drivers
by on Apr 9, 2012 at 3:05:28 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I had been through to the 'drivers' section before but didn't realise that the 'desktop video' was the actual name for the Decklink drivers:-/

I have had email communication with tech support before regarding this and every time there was a crash in FCP it was coming up as a 'Blackmagic Plugin Error' however when I've sent the various crash reports to tech support they couldn't find what the problem was so the communication kind of stopped there. I think I will install the newest drivers to see if they do actually make a difference, its worth a try I've nothing to lose.

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jim PruesRe: Decklink Drivers
by on Oct 24, 2012 at 4:18:15 pm

HELP! I'm running FCP7 with a Decklink Extreme card and re-installed FCP to try to fix DVD Studio Pro crashes. I can't find my decklink driver, and the Blackmagic site seems to be dead. Anyone able to point me to where such drivers might still live? I think it might have been 7.8 that I was running, as this is an older Intel MacPro.
Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sarah JonesRe: Decklink Drivers
by on Oct 24, 2012 at 4:33:52 pm

Hi Jim,

It does look like the site is down at the moment. If you could send us an email at support-usa (at) blackmagicdesign (dot) com I'll see if I can get you the version of the driver you're looking for. If you've only uninstalled Final Cut and now wiped your entire system, you should be able to go to your System Prefs and open the Blackmagic Design settings and see your driver version number at the top of this window. To get everything talking to FCP once more, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall this (the uninstaller is contained in the install package).

Regards,

Sarah
Support Representative
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter