Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Hyperdesk Shuttle 2 or Atomos Samurai?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Sathya VijayendranHyperdesk Shuttle 2 or Atomos Samurai?
by on Jan 29, 2012 at 7:03:35 pm

I'd like to purchase a recorder for my AF100. I'm divided between the Hyperdeck Shuttle or Atomos Samurai. Both support DNxHD.

Since the monitor on the Samurai is 800x600, it isn't useful for focus.
And I've read the Shuttle doesn't record UNLESS you hit the record button on the body; I'd prefer that it started recording when I hit the record button on the camera (I'd like the footage to record to the SD card in the camera as well for backup).

Can anyone clear this up?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andreas WojtaschekRe: Hyperdesk Shuttle 2 or Atomos Samurai?
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 11:28:04 am

You are right. I heard that the Shuttle needs to be started manually. And you should remember that the only NLE that is compatible with the DNxHD files that the shuttle and the Studio produces is Avid Mediacomposer 5 or 6.

The Samurai produces Quicktime files that are compatible with all NLEs if you install the free Avid codec. A major advantage to the Samurai if you would ask me.

In conclusion the shuttle makes only sense if you are cutting with Avid Media Composer 5 or 6 - or if you are willing to pay another 200 bucks for the conversion utility from Calibrated software.

Regards

Andreas

--

Entertainment Producer IHK
mindandvision

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joshua HellingRe: Hyperdesk Shuttle 2 or Atomos Samurai?
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 7:13:45 pm

There is no camera integration on the Hyperdeck Shuttle. So what you've read is right. It will not record until you press the record button on the Hyperdeck.

As for recording both, that should not be a problem, but you'd need to hit record on the camera to write the file to the internal card and the record button on the Hyperdeck to start the record there.

I hope that helps to clarify.

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook